Coming off depo injection??

PRIDDY7

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone been on depo injection for contraception and come off to try for a baby?? Even though I know everyones different just wanted ideas of how long it took for your periods to return? Thanks sarahxx.

hi there huni.

I myself have been on the depo jab. i had my last injection in may of this yr was due to have 1 on the 16th august but never went as i want ttc baby number 2 as our son is 2 in december.

its now October, n i still havent had a AF so im still waiting for it to show. i was on the depo for about a yr. so its been 3 months now n still no AF

hope that helps huni

I was on Depo for about 6 years and came off in August 2004. We weren't TTC at the time, I just wanteed my body to have time without any drugs before we started TTC. It took about 4 months for first period to come but periods were very irregular for about 6 months after that. Didn't start TTC until Summer 2006 and got pregnant within 2 weeks!

I was on the depo injection for 18 months and it took my body about a year to get back to normal, no periods nothing.

I hope its sooner for you though :hug:

Thanks to you all, what worrys me is ive been on it about 8 years!!!! So may take a while I think!!!

:wave:

I had the opposite. I was on depro for 9 months and after coming off of it I had a period (3 weeks on 1 week off) for 6 months and had to have some antibiotics to stop my period and restart it.

I think everyone is individual though

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back