Coming home from hospital

mandspice

Reaction score
All I hear about is how you have to have a car seat or they won't let you go home......! We do have a car seat but we don't have a car! (we'll use the seat in my mum and dad's and friends' cars). If we can't get a lift home (which may happen as my parents live 150miles away and friends may be at work etc) how do we get home....? Do the hospital arrange transport? Do taxis take babies in car seats...? Or do we have to walk? :lol:

Doubt hospital will do it, taxis will take car seats though.

We were never asked how we were getting home. LO was in his car seat as we left but they never asked if we were using our own car, a taxi, getting a lift etc, they were happy he was strapped in a seat and said goodbuy to us. If I were you I'd pop LO in his car seat and don't say anything unless asked which I'm sure they wont! They can't keep you at the hospital just because you don't own a car type thing, hundreds of mothers rely on a taxi (yes the hospital willl call you one or inform you of a freephone in the foyer etc) or a bus etc to get home, not everyone drives or owns a car.

They never asked how I was getting home. They seen Nathan in his car seat but that was it. I could have got on the bus or train after that and they wouldn't have known.

Taxis will take babies in car seats if that's how you need to get home :)

Hey sweetcheeks :)

Im going to assume you are taking a taxi young missus, either way its apparently illegal NOT to go in a car without a car seat so you'll have to fit into the cabbie...

Hope that helps?

xx :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back