Car Seat Comfort

mandspice

Reaction score
Should babies be in car seats for long periods? We don't drive but we have a few events coming up in September (a wedding etc) where we'll be taking baby in a taxi so will need the car seat. The seat fits to our pram frame so I plan to just take the frame and attach it once there, instead of having to take the whole pram as well. Is it ok to do this for a few hours or should they ideally be laying flat as much as possible?

I think they recomend no more than 2hours at a time.

We took Arianna to a wedding when she was tiny and we did the same with the car seat into the buggy.... She was only really in it for the service (was held in a hotel, not a church) and then I held her after that, then she went back in it during the meal and then my sister picked her up

It is recomended that they are not in them for too long, as it can damadge their spine cuz their bones are so soft. however, it would be hell for you without a car lugging around a carseat and a pram, im sure one day wont hurt. A lot of friends of mine had their babies in car seats all the time, and even though i wont do that with mine, their LOs are just fine.

Thank you! Baby travel is quite a complex and confusing subject isn't it. Sounds like it'll be ok to take him in the car seat for the odd day then, with lots of holding inbetween xx

It's recommended that they are in them for no longer than 2 hours but im sure one day would be fine :)

I used to sometimes put Nathan in his for longer than two hours if I was going out for a meal, going shopping etc and he is fine. I put Kieran in his aswell if im going to the supermarket and sometimes use it on the pushchair if I haven't got Nathan with me :)

when his in it for the wedding u could always cushion out the seat so its flatter , but take the cushioning out for traveling , or pop a sling with you ? can sling him for a bit durring the day then too !

I agree with ther others, no longer then 2hrs, if its longer then he'll need to be taken out for reg breaks...

xxx

I'd definatly recommend a sling..... and muslins! :wink:

xx

Jade&Evie said:
I'd definatly recommend a sling..... and muslins! :wink:

xx

Sorry to thread crash but where can i get a decent one? I love the idea of being free to move around the house with a sling or wrap with baby tucked up safely :)

One day your LO will be fine!!

Is anyone staying at the hotel, as if your buggy lays flat you can leave the car seat in someones room, and have your LO in the buggy laid flat if asleep!! TBH Im sure she will be getting lots of cuddles and attention anyways, so wudnt be in the car seat much!! :lol:

HertsMummy said:
One day your LO will be fine!!

Is anyone staying at the hotel, as if your buggy lays flat you can leave the car seat in someones room, and have your LO in the buggy laid flat if asleep!! TBH Im sure she will be getting lots of cuddles and attention anyways, so wudnt be in the car seat much!! :lol:

We're not staying overnight, the thing is we don't want to take the carrycot AND the car seat cos we'll be in a taxi. But as you say, he'll be mostly getting cuddles throughout the day :D

Ahh yes, not knowing what buggy u got I dunno whats possible with it.

I got the silver cross ventura, and I know that goes flat, but iv left LO in his car seat in car then asleep at a function for like 4 hours :oops: before!! Bad mummy... Still, once is going to make no difference im sure!!

You'll be lucky to see LO all day im sure!! :D

I would travel light and just get LO out for a good stretch whenever awake, I do this at the mo when we travel to my mums down south and she is fine, it will actually be a lot harder once she no longer fits in the infant carrier and we need a car seat and a pushchair everywhere we go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back