Car seat hell!!!!

Smithy1980

Reaction score
Hey ladies

Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts or suggestions for this problem?

Whenever we go out in the car LO is absolutely fine in the car see on the WAY to where we're going....coming home she screams (and I mean proper screams) all the way home! I went to my friends an hour away last week and she slept all the way there and screamed all the way back?!

It's odd how it's just one way but it's making me not want to go anywhere as its so stressful! She's in a rear facing seat behind the passenger seat! Do u think I should move her seat to the front? But that wouldn't solve the problem when oh is in the car too?!

Thanks ladies xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

I've been advised not to put a rear ward facing car seat in the front of the car if there are airbags.

Maybe she just wants something different to look at... I had an activity bar for lo but then we realised it kept hitting her in the face abd waking her up :(

Out of interest is it usually dark when you travel back? My Lo hates the dark?

Have you tried some soothing music for on the way home. She may just be tired and cranky. My son gets like that after a long day just screams till we get home or falls asleep in the seat then wakes up when I move him.

You not suppose to put them in the front as the air bags and seat postion isn't right hunny it should tell you on the model you have.

maybe its because shes tired? do you have anything for her to amuse herself or look at? xx

I've found that when it's dark driving anywhere the street lights & some headlights shine right in Graces face and wake her up, we had this problem Thursday night and I sat in the back with her and I found the lights shining through the rear window at her

Oz used to hate rear facing, I know they recommend it til they're like 4 or something, but soon as he was old enough and weighed enough he went fwd facing and now loves car journeys.

Listening to your baby scream while driving is so stressful, I used to cry sometimes lol

I have no advice. But I think you can put her rear facing in front seat if you have air bag disabled... not 100% about that, but I know you can have the fwd facing seats in the front seat as long as the air bag is disabled.

xxxx

Thanks ladies.... I used to think it was when it was dark or when she was tired but the last two times have been in the day and when shes just had a sleep! It's weird how it's only one way lol!

I can disable the airbag in my car so maybe I'll have a read up and see if it's allowed?

I've been close to tears sometimes too as she does get beside herself :(

Thanks ladies :) xxx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

have you a freddie? (the firefly) that dangles down at just the right height for them to bite on the rings. but we generally time car journeys to nap time and for long drives we do them at 6ish so she will sleep the whole way...

have you a freddie? (the firefly) that dangles down at just the right height for them to bite on the rings. but we generally time car journeys to nap time and for long drives we do them at 6ish so she will sleep the whole way...

We have freddie so Ill try that today! :)

Thanks ladies Ill let you know how we get on xx

Owen is the same! He comes in the front and I just disable the airbag. I know it's not as safe but for local (30mph) journeys I figure it's ok. He got a bit better at around 6 months but before that nothing worked. I guess some babies just don't like the car. My only advice/help is that after a while you get used to the car screaming. Now I just put the stereo on and sing along in screams which sometimes works to distract him x

Owen is the same! He comes in the front and I just disable the airbag. I know it's not as safe but for local (30mph) journeys I figure it's ok. He got a bit better at around 6 months but before that nothing worked. I guess some babies just don't like the car. My only advice/help is that after a while you get used to the car screaming. Now I just put the stereo on and sing along in screams which sometimes works to distract him x

Lol this is what I did today and the radio and freddie seemed to work a little! She cried a bit on the way to my friends and didnt cry AT ALL on the way back :) Im thinking its maybe because she tried to fall asleep at my friends and I wouldnt let her.....so when we got in the car she was pooped!

Maybe I just need to time it for when shes due a nap!! :nap: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back