Co-Sleeping - This Morning at 11.30am

SarahH

Reaction score
Sorry mods, put this is here so more people would see it as I know it is a subject of much debate on here.

They are having a section on it at 11.30 on This Morning - thought you would like to watch (if you can put up with watching Eemon Holmes!)

as long as its not about co-sleeping with Eamon Holmes :puke:

her's hoping its a balanced look at co-sleeping without the hysterical fear of everyone who does it is going to roll onto their child.

great minds think alike ive just posted bout this aswell!! it shuold b a good debate though!!!

I don't hold out much hope tbh if their previous discussions on extended breastfeeding etc is anything to go by.

ooh thanks for that!!!
i'll put it on now!
i co-sleep so im quite interested in what's said!

im gonna switch it on now so I dont miss this, thanks Sarah!!

beanie said:
as long as its not about co-sleeping with Eamon Holmes :puke:

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:

i just posted about this in the co-sleeping thread; i have a feeling that ms ford's cohort is about to make me angry... i don't know if i should watch :evil:

I think I'm lucky Lucy will sleep in her moses basket next to me at night (day's a different matter), but I don't think its true that babies only cry at night if they're hungry or have reflux from what I've read on here.

Also, having a newborn, and her sleeping in the same room also ruins the 'intimacy'.

Well, that was very crap if you ask me!!

I never co-slept as it just wasnt for us, so dont know all the ins and outs of it all, but they really didnt discuss anything - did they? :think:

I don't have experience of reflux, but would a baby with painful reflux just stop crying because they were in their parent's bed?? I know that if Cally was hungry she wouldn't stop crying just because she was being cuddled- she's be bashing her head against my boobs til she got fed. And as for not forming adult relationships because you co-sleep, god knows how me and OH have survived as I shared my parents bed when i was a child. it was a crap debate, no poiints on how to co-sleep safely, no research to prove the points that co-sleepig produces emotionally damaged children, r even that it produces happy children. no stats, it was pants.

how disappointing!!!!! i thought there was going to be a proper debate it didnt say anything new!!!!

well that byam cook woman was a bit of a stuck up cow wasn't she....

flippen hell. ok here i go

I co sleep because it means i get more sleep at night! my boys both co slept with me. And now both boys sleep in their own bed/cot.

i try to put millie down in her crib at the start of the night after her last feed and then when she wakes up during the night she comes into bed with me and we sleep together.

ffs - she doesn't have reflux and she has been well fed, she just doesn't settle when i put her in the cot during the night. i dont see a problem with it. for that woman to say that co sleeping mum's dont get the needs of the babies is just wrong.

for us, the longer millie goes between feeds means she will stay longer in her crib at night, and spend less time in our bed.
And i am so mad that they didnt even discuss how to sleep safely with children in the bed. surely that would have done more good than that crap debate they aired!

beanie said:
I don't have experience of reflux, but would a baby with painful reflux just stop crying because they were in their parent's bed??

Errrm, no!! Arianna had reflux, and if that was the case I would have had her in with me!! If anything, reflux is more painful when they are lying down.

beanie said:
it was pants.

Perfect review! :clap:

I didnt watch it.

But how could the woman say that co sleeping doesnt meet the needs of babies-the needs of babies is that the feel loved, warm and cherished - how can they say co sleeping doesnt meet a babys needs, a newborn only wants this with a boob or bottle popped in their mouths when they ask for it.

Damn i missed this, i have always thought co sleeping was a big no no anyway and it would worry me the baby would be smothered or overheat :think:

We're pregnant with number one and I have to say the idea of taking a newborn into bed with me is terrifying but at the same time I try to look at all angles and I'd be far more interested in finding out about how to do it safely if I had to than here yet another persons opinion. I'm already sick of everyone telling me how to look after myself and what I should and shouldn't be doing 4months before the baby even arrives!
I'd rather have something constructive and useful to go on. Is there ever a pont where anyone thinks your capable of just getting on with it yourself with the appropriate expert advice?

SarahH said:
beanie said:
I don't have experience of reflux, but would a baby with painful reflux just stop crying because they were in their parent's bed??

Errrm, no!! Arianna had reflux, and if that was the case I would have had her in with me!! If anything, reflux is more painful when they are lying down.
:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: as if...!!! The sling in tummy to tummy postion was the only thing to stop lil miss' painful reflux... :rotfl: :rotfl: I co sleep so she can be slightly raised on my arm and booby feed when she has pain. :roll: ergo more sleep for me and lil miss....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back