Co-Sleeping - This Morning at 11.30am

c b-c talks a load of bollocks!!!!

some babies want the warmth, comfort and security of being with their parents - nothing to do with food (although booby-feeding and co-sleeping were made for each other) and certainly nothing to do with reflux :roll: :roll: reflux made lying down hard for connor; where he was lying made not one jot of difference!

nothing was said about co-sleeping (when done properly) reducing the risk of SIDS; instead they read out stupid messages from people like that 16 year old girl who still sleeps with her parents. i mean, i ask you??!!

i KNEW watching it would make me angry :evil: :evil: :evil:

why was the assumption made that sex can only take place in bed too?! OH and i would do it anywhere pre-baby :wink: we might co-sleep but our sex life is inhibited more by sheer knackered-ness than our baby. although we did nearly get jiggy the other night only to discover that connor had woken up and crawled over to see what was going on :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

purple13 said:
why was the assumption made that sex can only take place in bed too?! OH and i would do it anywhere pre-baby :wink: we might co-sleep but our sex life is inhibited more by sheer knackered-ness than our baby. although we did nearly get jiggy the other night only to discover that connor had woken up and crawled over to see what was going on :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i know, this really annoys me. Me and OH have a healthy sex life (though he would probably like it to be healthier) and part of the fun is finding new places.

purple13 said:
nothing was said about co-sleeping (when done properly) reducing the risk of SIDS;

Could you please tell me more about this? I'm intrigued! :D

I've never co-slept as after researching it, (mainly) I was absolutely petrified about SIDs. Tbh I'm still not fully relaxed about it now. I still check Dan's breathing. If as a new born he was in the same bed as me, I don't think I would have ever slept again due to sheer worry|

In some ways I am glad Dan has never shared our bed as I have no problems putting him to sleep. He's quite happy to settle himself and there's no fuss when its time for bed. Also after a few months I probably would have wanted my bed back! On the other I would have liked that extra closeness and I do feel that he is probably too independent. He's never shy in front of new people and doesn't bat an eyelid when we leave him, I wish he would miss us just a little bit! :lol:
As for sex, we have a baby, there's no time for that malarky! :wink:

about the show...........the women was 24 and said she shared her parents bed until she was 16.

Misslarue said:
purple13 said:
nothing was said about co-sleeping (when done properly) reducing the risk of SIDS;

Could you please tell me more about this? I'm intrigued! :D

its thought that lying next to you helps your baby to regulate its body temperature more effectively - in fact, i think your own body temperature regulates accordingly too. and babies also copy the parents' breathing patterns.

international studies have shown that SIDS occurs far less in countries where co-sleeping is the norm.

i don't think co-sleeping has any effect on your child's independence and the same goes for baby-wearing; there is no evidence that backs this theory up ;) connor goes to bed on his own (out of choice) early in the evening; then he crawls over to me from his bedside cot whenever he wakes during the night, be it for boob or just for cuddles.

:D :D

Thanks for the info and the links. I will have a read through tonight :D

I didnt see this, but it sounds like the usual trash!

I co-slept with both my girls before I even knew what it was. With my eldest, I had no idea what I was doing (no support atall) and it just seemed more natural and practical to put her in bed with me after she woke up for her first night feed. I would feed her with her lying next to me, then lay her on my front over a towel to be winded, when she would fall asleep. Then I would roll her onto her back by my side with her head in the crook of my arm, and I would sleep in the exact same position all night, somehow aware even in sleep that she was there. She was sleeping through the night by 8 weeks old and in her own cot through the night by 3 months. I copied this with my youngest. I have no idea if this is correct, approved, etc etc - it just felt natural.

Surely babies are naturally programmed to be close to their mothers?

glitzyglamgirl said:
Surely babies are naturally programmed to be close to their mothers?

Too right, what did we do as cavewomen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back