Clothes after pregnancy

Emma58

Reaction score
Not sure whether this is the right area to post this in -Sorry mods move it if you need to.

I just wondered what everyone did clothes wise after they had their babies?
Since having Sam I seriously have nothing to wear maternity clothes just look stupid and my pre pregnancy clothes are still a little tight.
I used to be a size 8 but my tops fit fine but they don't fit across the massive boobs I now have. And as for my jeans I can get them past my ass.

Do you reckon it's worth splashing out on new clothes or waiting a while longer then maybe i'll properly fit in to my old clothes.

Personally I waited until I'd lost all but 4 pounds of it before buying anything. Somethings are still tight tho, more to do with the shape of me now that the weight tho

roll on wii fit arriving :rotfl:

I went out and bought loads of new clothes. It was a waste of time cos my old ones fitted me again within a few months but at least I felt comfortable while I was at that in-between stage :)

Plus it was an excuse to go shopping :cheer:

I bought a few new clothes to tide me over and was back in my old clothes by about 2months after, some are a little tight but thats cos my shape has changed i think to be honest as ive lost weight in other places. :)

omg i was like u i was a size 6 and i ballooned in pregnancy- NOTHING fitted me afterwards anywhere near :lol: i lived in pyjamas pretty much, and the big-but-not-maternity size 12/14 stuff i'd bought in second tri before i got really massive. but 10 months on, and finally im back to size 6- wahoo! buy some cheap-but-nice bigger sizes from primark until u get ur old figure back? x

:cheer: Primark why didn't i think of there?
Could do with a spending spree to cheer me up!

i brought some nice cheapy stuff like long tops that covered the flab and a couple of pairs of trousers ( one jeans one combats) that i could wear most of time , funnny thing is im still same size i was pre preggy , a lil smaller infact but a diff shape

Hi\

ide buy a few itmes but dont go over board your still just had your baby so your bound to lose more weight. Maybe buy some comfy stretchier pants for now??

x-kirsty-x said:
I went out and bought loads of new clothes. It was a waste of time cos my old ones fitted me again within a few months but at least I felt comfortable while I was at that in-between stage :)

Plus it was an excuse to go shopping :cheer:

That could have been me writing that.

so... what she said /\ /\

x

I am sort of going backwards through my wardrobe, not wearing the maternity clothes now (although I did for the first few weeks) but finding I can get back in the things I bought last summer before I was big enough for maternity clothes but outgrowing my normal sized things. if that makes sense? I am also wearing loose tops that hide the wobbly tum and are easier for feeding anyway, primark is a fab idea, you could buy loads inthere an not feel guilty at all!! :lol:

I've just spent a fortune in Next :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

OH will have a hissy fit :rotfl: I'll tell him it was from Primark :rotfl:

I've just spent a fortune in Next

OH will have a hissy fit I'll tell him it was from Primark

HAHA! :rotfl: My OH has banned me from next! When my son grew out of his 0-3month clothes we went on a big shopping spree and brought him enough for the next few months. well.....the next day i went to next and ended up spending exactly the same amount on more clothes just half as much stuff!! whoops! :doh:

I told my OH the shopping fairies made me do it! thats my usual excuse!

Now every time he sees a next carrier bag i get the death stare!! :twisted: heehee!

He's probobly sick of hearing me moan the last 2 weeks that nothing fits me. :think: Should've bought him something to get me off the hook :lol:

Actually i did buy him something - a pack of 3 :wink:

I was bad, I ditched all my old clothes and bought (some) new ones for that in between stage. Good thing-I am a bit smaller waisted than my old jeans, and a bit bigger boobed than my old shirts, :lol:
It was a bit of a waste, but getting a couple new outfits that fit me in the moment was a nice treat and made me feel better about the new bod. :D

I was wondering the same thing. I've worn my maternity trousers with a belt to hold them up, they are ridiculously big. But my pre-preg clothes go nowhere near me, again I have to wear a belt with them to hold them up as i cant do the zip or buttons up on them- lucky all my tops are long to hide my gaping fly!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back