Cloth nappy question

Mrs CW

Reaction score
Hi all
I'm currently doing a months trial with cloth that's not going too well as my DH doesn't really like the idea and if LO poos I want to wash the nappy straightaway as it's not mine does that make sense?! I was wondering they say wait until the bucket is full to wash the nappies so is it ok leave nappies with poo in the bucket and if you do, do they wash clean well? Hubby has suggested using cloth at home and disposables when out but I'm not sure it will work - I would just put LO in cloth all the time, I think the suggestion is mostly for him!
Thanks for any replies x x x

they wash fine even after being left a couple of days mine were spotless after an explosion lol. you could use either out, i still use both kinds depending on where were going / what the plans for the day are

Thank you, I washed the one yesterday straight away but I've left one from today in the bucket! Im definitely getting more confident with it and today at home I've had him in cloth then when we went out put him in disposable and it worked fine. I wasn't sure I'd get on with them but now I'm getting the hang of it I love them! X

Well done , persevere, u will soon get into routine with them. I wash mine every other day, they are stained, but that cannot be helped! When we have some sunshine ( if we ever do!) hand them on line as sun is good natural bleach.
I have 2 boys and used cloth with both, but when we went away on hol I used disposables, theres no reason why u cant use both. Good luck and dont give up, they are lovely, and personally I think most husbands would rather use disposables, I know mine would lol xx :roll:

yes you soon get the nack of it, i use liners with mine so the actually nappies themselves have no stains and i do a wash every other day. my lo's poo is more solid now she is on solids so i usually am able just to flick it down the loo anyway.

when she was younger and if it was horrific i would fling as much as i could down the loo then give them a quick rinse, just to get the worst off but am not sure you really need to do that.

good for you for giving them a go, i got lots of huff and puffs from my oh, but now he doesn't bat an eyelid!

Thank you for the advice! I'm really loving using them and my OH has agreed to getting some of our own as long as they accept them at the nursery we chosen so I've got to give them a ring tomorrow to find out as I don't know if they do x

I often rinse the really pooy ones if its gone over the liner then leave in the bucket for a day or two. We use both, disposables are easier out sometimes, i use Naty which are biodegradable and don't contain chemicals, they are also good for night time as I often get night leaks, not sussed night nappys yet!

I've not sussed out the night ones yet either. Lol - G has as disposie on tonight.

I tend to use them if we're going out for a long time. First time I went out all day in cloth we had a lot to bring home. But if it's likely to be just one change, like visiting gran, I just use them. Xxx

The nappies washed well and no stains! D has a habit of pooing every time he's in the bumbo so it goes over the nappy as well as the liner. I've been given an ecco bots night nappy to try which is bamboo. It lasted 12hours the other night, just waiting for it to dry so I can use it again. I've also been recommended little lambs for night too but not got any to try x

you can double up the liners for nighttimes in the ones i have off ebay, one inside the actual pouch and one just inside the nappy but id rather use disposies at night for now while i get used to them, moving up to 3-6 month clothes now so gonna see if the looser clothes help stop the leaking

Thats what im doing - gonna suss out the day time ones just now - will get to the night time ones eventually. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back