cloth nappies

littlemoo

Reaction score
me and my partner are thinking of using reusable nappies this time around. we didnt use them with charlotte so we dont have a clue about them. is it better to use these or disposable?
how do you we use them? what would we need to buy? and what would we need to carry around with us all the time?

sorry for all the questions, but i just wanted to know before i went and bought them incase we end up not using them.

thanks for ya help xx

me and my partner are thinking of using reusable nappies this time around. we didnt use them with charlotte so we dont have a clue about them. is it better to use these or disposable?
how do you we use them? what would we need to buy? and what would we need to carry around with us all the time?

sorry for all the questions, but i just wanted to know before i went and bought them incase we end up not using them.

thanks for ya help xx

Have a look on ebay lots of sets for about £200 all you need.

thanks.

with cloth nappies, we had a look round the other day. some come with the nappie then you have to use a liner with them (obviously) but then put on a waterproof cover..... does this make them bulky. do they leak without the cover?

yeah they leak without the cover.. there are lots of different types, ive got all in ones.. like a disposable.. but u just wash the whole thing and have to use liners- minus the poo.. ive got mio bambinos that are a cover and a folded thick cloth and liner, and a shaped nappie (terry towel) and a cover(wrap) and liner.. with the folded cloth (pre folds) and the shaped nappies you might get away with only washing the inner part and not the wrap the advantage with them is that they dry quicker than an all in one..

whatever ones you get.. perhaps the biggest advantage is that they are better for the environment and cost you around £1500 less all together than disposables. im sure theres anotehr thread somewhere on washables..

I used the same as what Lisa has when I had Tia, and there was a company where we lived in the UK that came and took the dirty nappies away, washed them and gave them back...

Where we are now, it's totally different. I won't be using terry's this time... One, I would need to take 2 hour drive out to Murcia each time I ran out of liners or needed to by a new set of terry towels.... Also we don't have a garden or balcony so washing and drying nappies is going to be impossible and there are no services here to collect the dirty nappies...

Spain's cottoned on to the whole recycling thing, but you can forget the environmental stuff... Its either disposables...or if you really want, you can use disposables.. :rotfl:

If you can use reusable ones, they are great.... But if you have all the restrictions I have, you don't have many options... You can look up on the internet for companies that take your dirty nappies away and clean them for you and they should be able to give you details of people in your local area.

how many nappies and liners do you use in one day.... how many do you have to have with you all the time and so on. with disposable my bag was constantly full so i never needed to worry, but with having to wash them id have to make sure i had enough. how many did you buy altogether and do you constantly have the washing machine on? lol. sorry for all the questions. we just really want to give it ago but we are still unsure. there are lots of posts about this but reading through them all to find the questions we want to know takes alot of time. Thanks xx

If I went out I used disposables... It was too much hassle trying to get reusable nappies sorted when out and about. Plus its not always convenient.

im confused i thought all cloth nappies were reuseable?

we use cloth nappies, and they get addicted as they have so many cute designs

this is my collection

fluffystash007.jpg

fluffystash005.jpg

we use motherease as they fit new born to toddler, and then any cute wraps, going to be buying some weenotions wraps in small for new baby.

are they very bulky? how many of everything did everyone have to take with them when out? how many of everything did you use a day?

in 24hours i use about 7 nappies, and maybe 1 or 2 wraps. when she poo's i just remove the dispoable liner and put the nappy back on.

i would say u need about 20 nappies, and 7 wraps? depends what type of nappy u perfer to use?

when i go out i always take a few dispoabale for emergencies. just depends how long your going out.

and yes they are quite bulky, well more bulky then dispossables.. but nothing major.

Thanks hun.

i think we are going to give them ago.

thanks everyone for the info.

question.. i was thinking of just buying terry towels with wraps.. does it sound like i got everything i need...

18 terry cloths
18 waterproof wraps
nappy pail
nappy soak
flushable liners
nappy fasteners

i want some reusuable liners... where could i purchase these from???

You don't need as many wraps as nappies, they can be put back on when you change as long as they've got no poo on, so 18 wraps is a few too many. Could you swop some for extra nappies?

Reusable liners....fleece ones are the best. You can buy them on Ebay but basically all the sellers have done is buy a length of fleecy material and cut it up.

You can cut out the middle man, save a bit of money and do that yourself! :D

i buy dispoable liners, find them cleaner, i hate scrubbing poo of the fleece liners.

i buy them in waitrose. i use a fleece liner at night as it keeps wetness away from skin.

i also tried the terry squares hehehe i could not figure the folding out and they always fell off hahahaha, also i tend to dry pail as i have a habbit of being clumbsy and kicking the bucket, nothing worst then smelly poo'y water on the floor :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamie50
Back