What do I need?

BellaRiven

Reaction score
I am hoping you lovely ladies will be able to help me :)

Do any of you have a list of what I need to buy to use cloth nappies successfully, i.e how many nappies I will need, what accessories I need to buy?

I am thinking of using pocket nappies if that helps :), i've done a fair bit of research but I am still clueless as to what I actually need to buy :)

Thanks in advance xxx

You will need a bucket to keep the dirty ones in until washing, i put a bit of lavender oil in the bottom. I use the flushable liners too. How many nappys you need depends on how often you wash them. Im still experimenting so not got a full set so haven't decided which nappys i like best but we use about 7 nappys a day so I guess I would need around 25. I've also just got some cloth wipes to start using too and you will need some bags for dirty nappys for your nappy bag.
That's all i can think of!
Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Hiya :)

I'm (still) TTC but am already a cloth nappy addict!!

YouTube is really great and helpful for CD advice. :)

:):) Hello, I have 2 boys (5 &2yrs) and used cloth nappies with both of them, still am! I love them, I would say that you shouldnt have any less than 18, but depends on wen you wash, I washed mine every other day. You will need nappy bucket and net for wash machine, also dirty nappy bag. And not forgetting waterproof pants and booster pads for nite time.
I have bought 2 lots of cloth nappies, because despite wot they say you will need new for next baby as they do get worn, with hot washes etc. My preference has always been Motherease, very easy to use but lots of choice on market, I was so confused 1st time around that I went through company called nappy lady, very helpful and were able to advise. Good luck !!

i should suggest havibg around 24 for one baby and definetely 36 for a baby and toddler.newborn babies(atleast mine) peed like crazy so I had to wash every other day. now with my 1 year old she wears am average of 6 nappies a day(she wears a disposable during the night) and I wash them every two days. so on monday then not two ays and then thursday etc.

I have several different kinds and still prefer the prefold ones with a booster. the all in ones are ( in my opinion) not so longlasting and the one size things don't absorb so much pee.

I use a prefold with a hemp or terry booster with a fleece liner and a flushable liner for the solids. then a cover if fleece or when I'm out a plastic one. I like wool as well but the lanolizing I find a lot of trouble so mostly I am just lazy and like fleece most. it is soft and breathable but also easy to wash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back