Cloth nappies, Stains, Softener?

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
Hiya girls,

Well I love my cloth nappies, and so far the sun has been doing a great job bleaching out stains.. However Alanna has been on antibiotics and had a bit of a dodgy tummy and washing isnt getting out as much of the stain as before, Can anyone recomend something I can put on them to help get the stains out? Im really scared of ruining them lol

Also.. can I use fabric softener? The batch I put out to dry yesterday was a lil rough when i brought em in today, and the fibers a lil stiff. If I cant use softener, any ideas what would keep the lining soft?

You're not supposed to use softener but I do - just a drop, it makes them feel so much nicer and I haven't noticed a problem with absorbency. I can't help with the stains I'm afraid, mine are pretty much all yellow now. Sorry

I haven't tried it myself but apparently if you mix a little white vinegar with lavender oil and put it in the drawer of the washing machine it helps with stains and softens them!

to soften up i tend to stick mine in the tumble dryer on a cool heat for a few minutes. i have the tots bots bamboozle ones so can't use vinegar or anything to harsh or it will ruin the bamboo fibres.

Thanks, dont have a dryer though! I have found if i just shake em out a bit midway while their dryin outside, it helps stop em getting stiff! no luck on stains still though, the sun is doing the best it can though!

Hiya girls,

Well I love my cloth nappies, and so far the sun has been doing a great job bleaching out stains.. However Alanna has been on antibiotics and had a bit of a dodgy tummy and washing isnt getting out as much of the stain as before, Can anyone recomend something I can put on them to help get the stains out? Im really scared of ruining them lol

Also.. can I use fabric softener? The batch I put out to dry yesterday was a lil rough when i brought em in today, and the fibers a lil stiff. If I cant use softener, any ideas what would keep the lining soft?

I don't use cloth nappies but I found that the only thing that will remove yellow poo from clothes is the Vanish prewash soap bar. You rub it on the stain and either put it in the wash or leave in a buket of warm water and the stain just disappears. Without it most of our LO's clothes would have yellow stains.

Last edited:
isn't milton good for stain removal? works a treat on our greasy/dirty dishcloths lol ;-) xx

Our cloth nappies are getting a bit stained at the moment. I think it's because it's winter here so I've not been able to get them out in the sun. I have heard someone else recommend the vanish soap bar but I've not tried it myself yet x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back