Clingy 12 week old

Minime

Reaction score
I've read (in the bounty book) that babies this age start to realise the world changes and you're the only constant and they become clingy. Eefies always been clingy to me but yesterday I was dropping my nan off which takes me and hour and a half and left him with his dad and he had the place up. OH could not calm him down and by the time I got back he was completely hysterical and Ive never heard such a distressed scream before. Apparantly he cries his eyes out when I only go the shop for 10 minutes too. He stops immediately when I get back.

Why wont he settle with his dad, I know he's with me the majority of the time but his dad is also a daily fixture too.

Today he's not let me out of his sight and has been crying if he can't physically see me.

Would leaving something that smells of me like a nightie help? I really cant see his dad letting me leave him with him for a while now. I dont leave him often, usually only if I'm popping the shop but you know sometimes it is nice just to have 10 minutes all to yourself.

Ruby was and still is the same...she has to see me or know I am in the next room or she sreams :shock: She wont take her eyes off me for a second when I am with her...I am really good giving her to others to hold, I didnt want her to be clingy but she is really clingy at the mo. Mum commented the other day on it, she said I am storing up problems by her being so clingy :?

OH and I had a day out today, visiting garden centres and a poshpub lunch, left her with mum and dad for the afternoon and she was good as gold..she wailed as I left, I drove home feeling horrid but rang every half hour and she was cooing and giggling away, I felt so much better.

My folks aren't really in the best of health and his folks live in South Africa and Bali so not really got anyone to leave him with.

How can you store up problems with her being clingy? Its not like you MAKE them that way they just ARE :?

OH reckons he knows when I'm not here. I can go upstairs and leave him with OH no problem but dare I leave the house and the place goes up.

Jake has never been clingy. I'm not sure if it's because I have a large family and so we are usually around lots of people all of the time who are always keen to cuddle him. I am sure my time will come though when he gets clingy for a bit. It might help with Eefie if you leave something with him that has your smell on like a comforter or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back