Clingy

Emma58

Reaction score
Over the last few days Sam has become extremely clingy but only with me. When anyone else holds him (inc OH) he just looks at me all sad and holds his arms out to me.

I'm now worried as he will be starting nursery when i go back to work in January and I think it's going to freak him out.
I have been thinking about starting him early and him going there one afternoon a week for a couple of hours then he can settle in, and I get a few hours peace.

Anyone else got a clingy baby?

OMG Cally is going through this at the moment - its driving me mad lol, I can't go more then a metre away from her without her screaming. Its just the seperation anxiety stage, it will pass. And if it doesn't you may find ursery isn't the problem, I work saturday and sunday and Cally just gets clingy with her dad instead.

Emilys at this stage now also. Drives ya mad!!

I remeber it exactly around the same age with Hannah, it does pass :D

I have the total opposite :(
I left Calleigh yesterday to have my car looked at and was gone for over an hour. She didnt even realise i was gone until i came back through the door :roll:
Although she is clingy to OH, he cant leave her when he is at home or she will start crying :lol:

I can't even sit Angel on the floor for a second without her screaming to be picked up again! I can't leave the room, even handing her to OH doesn't help!
I only go to the loo twice a day as she will have a paddy any other time!

Has your little one got a 'comforter' ? A teddy, blanket, toy or something that they have at home to settle them?

When starting nursery it helps if they have one to keep with them when mum/dad leaves.

Just a thought, as this is what we advise at work it really helps them settle in at any age. :D

Yup, has been for about 2 weeks... hes OK if he can see me, but soon as I go out of sight, hes screaming, even if OH is there etc...! If I go and am gone, then hes OK aparantly, but going to the loo is hard... I end up going to use the upstairs loo because theres carpet outside the door he can lay there with the door open and see me while I pee. :lol:

The things we do to keep these babys happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back