Cleaning a steam steraliser?

clairebear22

Reaction score
Hiya!

As some of you know i'm a Childminder. I have just finished steralising one of my childminded baby's bottles and would like to clean/descale my steraliser as it's almost new and I want to use it for my Son when he's born.

Is there a way to get rid of the limescale built up on the element bit in the bottom? Or do I just give it a good scrub?

Thanks in advance! :) x

Could you use descaler?

I use a bit of normal descaler but not a lot with extra water, then run it twice after before putting bottles in. seems ok!

Thanks girls! I'll have a look in boots first but I have a sachet of normal descaler i'll use watered down if I can't find any in Boots!

Cheers :) x

Last edited:
I'd say descaler too. But can I just say I drop my LO at the childminders with enough food and sterilised bottles to get through the day so I think youre the childminder from heaven!

Lol. My Mum's literally drop the kids off and run! I provide all food/drink except formula milk. I also provide wipes because I don't want a million opened packets hanging around all at once! All they need to bring is a set of spare clothes to keep here and a packet of nappies and I tell them when i'm running low. It'd be way too confusing if they all bought their own food in every day! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back