classses

mrz85

Reaction score
hello how are u all ?
Are any of u going to pregnacy related classes yet if so r they wil ur local hospital ? at how many weeks where u when u went i want to do some but not got my antental til end of june i think
thnxs x

If you have one near you, go to Yoga, (pregnancy yoga).

I did this and it was fantastic when giving birth, as they teach you loads of ways to breathe and this helped me 100%.

If I have another baby, I would do this.

Hi, im due to start my classes this thursday, was meant to start them last month but football was on and im not letting my OH get away with coming wioth me ! at least he knows what to expect :)

i have no idea what il be doing at these classes but theres 3 or 4 il be going to in a month - im 31 weeks + 2 days :) xxx

I went to antenatal last night and we were all around 30-32 weeks x

Hi,

I've been doing antenatal yoga for a month now and its great, its not difficult to do. My balance is sometimes off due to my protruding bump ha ha! The breathing techniques are great though and they teach you comfortable positions for labour too, so I'd really recommend going. The exercise is also really good to get me in shape for labour too.

Apart from that I'm going to do the NHS antenatal classes, there are four sessions in all (one evening a week) and mine begin early June. We looked at NCT but they wanted £250, which we felt would be better spent on a pram or something else, not only that but this forum is amazing and I will probably learn far more here.

xx

im going to parenting classes tonight! they are at my local hospital & are free! not really sure what to expect but im going to go along as this is my first buba! :)

they are once a week for 4 weeks xx

My midwife just told me at my last appointment that the hospital have stopped doing classes because they are opening a new midwife unit so don't have the space/time. My local nhs ones are now being held at a sure start centre but the time of the class means its just not possible for me to get to. I don't think I'm particularly missing out though.

Heya!

Like FistBaby I have been going to Antenatal Yoga classes and I am realyl enjoying them. Not only to they help me to relax and stretch my growing body out they are helping me to understand the importance of breathing which will be invaluable during labour.

We are also going to start NCT classes next month so I am not sure how I will find them but I have heard really good things about them. As I am planning on giving up work I am hoping to meet a few expectant mothers in our area as we only moved to Surrey one and a half years ago so I don't know many people with young children.

xx

I've booked NCT classes but they dot start until end of June when I'll be roughly 35 weeks. Unsure when the NHS ones are though. I think I'm just gonna do swimming & walking rather than anything like yoga - my friend said sometimes people can get a little too relaxed lol x

Highly recommend pregnancy Yoga if you have a class in your area. This is my first pregnancy so although I haven't put the practises to the test yet I really feel the benefits of going already :) For labour and just in general I've learned some really good and relaxing exercises and breathing techniques. Definitely worth a try!

I've also been going to Aqua natal - water aerobics for pregnancy. This has also been fantastic for myself. Not only the feeling of being in water for relaxation and to take the weight off but to also feel like I'm doing some exercise still. In the long run I believe going to these classes has helped relief or even avoid so many pregnancy niggles/symptoms that so many women suffer with.

I have to just add too I went to the 2 sessions of NHS Ante natal classes at my hospital and I wasn't impressed! If anything they scared us all half to death! lol I prefer to continue watching One Born Every Minute and go with the notion that a bit of ignorance is bliss! I really would prefer not to know what happens if they god forbid need to use forceps! But that's just me. I have heard the NCT classes are far better if you can afford them but I know here in my area they were all booked up well in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back