birth plans

jodie_honey

Reaction score
hello ladies, just wonderin if any of u have thought about the birth and if u are gonna have any pain relief? if so what?
will u be in hospital? at home or at midwfie unit?
water birth? vaginal? c section?
sooooo many questions lol

i havent done one.. will speak to oh about what we both want and put the minimal in..

dont want the injection for placenta, dont want babys cord cut untill its stopped pulsating.. want long skin to skin.. want hubby to
get baby out of water if possible, and to tell me sex...

I just want to make it to the hospital on time :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Would have loved a water birth... can't have one... would have loved a home birth... can't have one.. would loved to have gas and air... don't have it.. so erm... epidural then IF I can make it into hospital before I pop... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

aww lisa that sounds lovely, he will be so involved. is ur daughter gonna be there?
im with u squiglet. i wanted water i cant have one i wanted home i cant have one so i will be at hospital and i will DEFINATLEY be havin an epidural, its the only way i can even contemplate thinkin of gettin thru labour lol, im the softest person ever x

Nothing Ever Goes To Plan... Especially For Me, So Iv Just Said Ideally Id Like To Ring The Maternity Unit When Im In Labour Just To Let Them Know, Then Stay At Home As Long As Possible Until Either I Cant Stand The Pain Any Longer Or My Waters Break. Id Like To Stay At Home Until Contractions Are 4-5 Minutes Apart Though So I'll Be Aiming For That. Then I Will Try Not To Have Pain Relief Unless Absolutely Nessasary. I Just Dont Like The Idea Of It, I Dont Know Why Lol Thats Just Me..Im The Same When Im Ill Or In Pain But Labour Is Another Matter & I Know There's No Prize For No Pain Relief So Obviously If Needs Be Then I Will Try Some Although An Epidural Would Be a Last Resort & Id Have To Be Very Very Desperate First. I Want Skin To Skin & The OH To Cut The Cord. I Also Want To Try Breastfeeding asap. Apart From That What Will Be Will Be Really :)

I'd like to stay at home as long as possible and then make my way to hospital as soon as the contractions become regular (about 5 mins appart). I'll then call the hosp and obstetrician and let them know i'm on my way! I'd then like to try to avoid artificial pain relief until I'm about 6cm dialated so I can keep as mobile as possible and then I would like to have an mobile epidural for the last part of labour. My hubby will be present the whole time and hopefully giving me nice back massages and soothing words! I'd like to avoid (if possible) giving birth on my back and attempt it crouching so I have gravity on my side :D When bubs is delivered I'd hopefully like my hubby to cut the cord and the baby straight on me. Obviously if anything goes wrong then the plan is just to get the baby out in the safest and most appropriate way to ensure we are both safe and well.

I tend to go quite quickly once I start - last pregnancy 1st and 2nd contraction was roughly 10 mins apart, then straight to 2 mins apart. Hence I'll go straight to hospital then which takes roughly 50mins to get to in the daytime, made it in half hour in the night with last labour. Was already 8 cms when i got there.

Hopefully will have a water birth, if not then I just wanna be upright and active. Baby passed straight to me. No injection for placenta and I'm gonna cut the cord.

Think thats it - ooh yeah, i'll have gas and air.

i wanta c section with no screan so we can watch and OH to film and cut the cord.

other then that, i take it hows it comes apart from having skin contact asap

If i need a c-section then i'd also like no screen, a BIG mirror above so i can watch and to have it video'd, cutting as well :lol:

If i go natural then i'll take what pain relief i can when i feel i need it and cut the cord myself as dh is to squeamish and also wait for the cord to stop pulsating first. oh and i want baby put straight onto me before being cleaned unless there is a problem.

you recon they will let us have no screan? my MW seems to think as its planned they will be fine about it, fingers crossed

paradysso said:
you recon they will let us have no screan? my MW seems to think as its planned they will be fine about it, fingers crossed

Don't see why not, i've heard of people not having screens before and hey if its our bodies getting cut open then why the hell can't we watch, we can't feel anything :rotfl: I know i'm sick :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back