'claiming' baby names!

Just read this and am so annoyed for you! Cheeky mare. That's so unfair to put that on you. You name him William if you want to hun :hug: It's not like she's ttc or you even knew about it!! Plus she'll probably change her mind as well. SIL has gone from having a set name to 8 names in the past few weeks.

William is one of our 2 atm. Love Will :D It's a popular name, so of course other people will use it!

xxx

Ignore her, that is so childish.
If you want to call your gorgeous little man William then call him it hunny.
Its a lovely name, it was going to be Elexia middle name if she was a boy.
What if in 5 years time she decides on another name and you havent used William, when you really wanted to x x

I will confess to "claiming" a name! :blush: My mum, gran and great gran are all Elizabeth (with various nicknames) and I decided at 6 I should have been Elizabeth & vowed my daughter will have this as her first name. Even though I wasn't even in a relationship when my SIL fell pregnant - I told my bro he better not use my name (in a jokey way - but I'd have been really upset! - and he knew I'd talked about changing my own name to Elizabeth a couple of years before!) - but I'd never dream of saying anything like that to someone I wasn't really really close to. Maybe she thought you'd bf concerned she'd "stolen" ur name if she used it after.

Xxx

Ps - go with what you want - it's a lovely name. Xxx

Defo go with it hun! I used Jack and I know it's a popular name but I've always loved it and I like to see others with Jacks as I know it's a nice name :)

That girl just sounds childish just ignore her and go for it! It's a great name!

Oh and Congratulations!!! x

:dust: :dust: :dust:

I love the name William :love:

I'd go for it if thats the name you really want, I mean who does she think she is saying "you can use it if you want" like she owns the name. Like others have said too she's not even guaranteed to have children in the future let alone a boy. Plus she could still use it and you could use different nicknames such as Will or Billy :) xx

I think choosing a name for your child is the hardest thing to do, if you like William go for it!

Must admit when my ex's g/f had her first daughter i was i bit miffed they picked the name Tia-mae as i have Lauryn-Tina (my ex's daughter) and Alisha-Mae and thought that name was similar but id never say anything to her!!

Also she had a little boy 11mths ago and had asked me what names i liked i said Jay and she called her boy Finlay Jay

I just adjusted and am calling our boy Jayden!

Sorry for going on, William is a lovely name xx

Congratulations. :)

And I wouldn't worry about names.

You've been blessed with a lovely little boy an you name him whatever you want to. Xxxx

My names are completely secret and will be until they've belong to a baby!

I have friends and family who would try and pull this name crap so I'm just going to keep my names to myself and not ask others what theirs are either. Then at least there can't be any rows!

We both separated and wrote separate lists of the names we liked then swapped them and picked names from each others lists we liked so now we have a 'shortlist' I want to see baby first tho!!

We both separated and wrote separate lists of the names we liked then swapped them and picked names from each others lists we liked so now we have a 'shortlist' I want to see baby first tho!!

We had a shortlist but now he's here its totally changed, he looks different to our list! Xx

We had a shortlist but now he's here its totally changed, he looks different to our list! Xx

Don't say that! It's taken us 9 months to get that together lmao!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back