Christmas wrapping paper question :O)

I like brown paper with red/green/purple/gold ribbon - looks so classy, but very simple and cheap! My mum was telling me that its very environmentally friendly to wrap in brown paper as it can be recycled and normal Christmas paper can't as its metallicy - so a bonus!

I do like things to match and always have to send the 'same' Christmas cards - if I run out (i.e. get a card from someone I haven't sent to), I have to trudge back to the original shop to get the same cards, even though the person I am sending to would be none the wiser! Daft bat!

However, we're not giving or receiving presents this year (apart from for DD) so I won't be wrapping - except a couple of Secret Santas :wink:. We're going to put DD's presents in a santa sack.

Valentine Xxx

oh im the opposite to u urchin! if im wrapping 2 gifts for 1 person i make sure i use different wrapping paper on them- i dont kno why!

im renound for making presents near impossible to open- i get carried away with the sellotape- think its coz im not that good at wrapping and i want them to look neat, so i sellotape all the sticky-out edges down flat. there are so many untidy bits i end up covering the whole thing in sellotape! :lol:

*EDIT* forgot to say, u kno what i LOVE doing- putting silver or gold confetti inside the wrapping so when people open my gifts it all spills out- i think it drives my mum mad! :rotfl:

I'm using brown paper and red and green ric-rac to decorate it this is ric rac For my baby's presents I will use a red and white paper with a bold pattern.

trixipaws said:
oh im the opposite to u urchin! if im wrapping 2 gifts for 1 person i make sure i use different wrapping paper on them- i dont kno why!

im renound for making presents near impossible to open- i get carried away with the sellotape- think its coz im not that good at wrapping and i want them to look neat, so i sellotape all the sticky-out edges down flat. there are so many untidy bits i end up covering the whole thing in sellotape! :lol:

*EDIT* forgot to say, u kno what i LOVE doing- putting silver or gold confetti inside the wrapping so when people open my gifts it all spills out- i think it drives my mum mad! :rotfl:

Oo thats a good idea :)

I love this idea in theory and do try....

But I always run out and then have to buy some mismatching so I normally have TWO themes. :lol:

And one year I tried to be a bit avant garde and went with brown paper/newspaper and stamps. It looked like a bag of crap (I'm rubbish :( )

i love matching them 2 it looks so nice :D im doing silver and black this year, looks really nice together :wink:

ive always done the colour co-ordination thing... im the only one in the family that does it...every year evryone comments on how nice it looks...

this year i have no idea yet. But last year i done it in that silver/multi coulred stuff. (like a back of a cd?) everything in that and it looked great under the tree reflecting colours from the fairy lights!

trixipaws said:

No I use different paper too, but it will co-ordinate.

Eg one silver wrapped gift with red and blue bits/ribbon and one blue wrapped gift with red/silver ribbon :oops:

Valentine I really like the brown paper and ribbons idea :D

I luuuurrrve wrapping christmas pressies and even more so to the xmas music.... or even better watching Miracle on 34th street or It's a wonderful life on TV - not christmas til yolu watch that movies!!

This year I have silver, lilac, purple and a teal sort of colour.

I like everything to be silver and white, so my paper is always two different types :lol:

I don't mind when I wrap tho, like to do it in peace when seans at the footy that way he can't peak :lol:

i use the same paper for the kids they each have all their prezzies wrapped in the same paper, what i have never understood, father christmas is supposed to bring he prezzies christmas morning, doesnt it spoil it having gifts under the tree :?

Thats why my kids have different paper and nothing for them goes under the tree, except what friends bring round and Mason puts under the tree himself. :)

I always wrap my presents with brown paper and used red and god ribbon etc, They look really pretty :D

I LOVE wrapping presents, and yes they have to coordinate but can't match! 2 presents for 2 members of the same family can't match either - if there are 4 people in the same family they have 4 different but co-ordinated papers. I love putting ribbon & rosettes on, and sometimes add a bit of holly out of the garden too. I prefer wrapping presents to buying them & possibly even receiving them!

I love wrapping but none of my stuff is the same. I buy the most christmassy paper with Santas and snowmen etc on :D

i hate wrapping! it takes too long, i'd rather use those nice glittery gift bags

Argh gift bags do my head in unless they are the wine bottle gift bags cos bottles are so annoying to wrap.

I don't tend to have themes as such, I just buy whatever.. although I do try and put all the big presents in one type (means I have a few rolls of the same thing) and then all the smaller ones in whatever else I find. So the big pressies look really obvious then and the little ones look more like fun. I know as well that the little ones I wrapped for my brothers and my stepbro and sis all go in their stockings and for kids I think it's more fun to have them all multi coloured and mismatching :)

I don't usually bother with ribbons and stuff. Sometimes the occasional bow if it's a really expensive special present, or stickers if I remember. But I am quite good at wrapping otherwise.

I always find boys wrapping is really funny... the lack of sellotape and the sort of slanty jaggedy paper. I know it's crap but it always makes me laugh when boys wrap up presents.

all my paper has to match i love wrapping and making the presents look special :D
this year gareth has gold paper with glittery gold ribbon and tags and bows
luke has simpson paper and tags with silver ribbon and bows
daniel has disney theme paper and tags (monster inc toy story etc) with silver ribbon and bows
baby has winnie pooh paper and tags with silver ribbon and bows
males in family have a beautiful blue foil paper with silver merry christmas written on it and tags silver bows and ribbon
girls have same paper but in a deep pink
it all looks so lovely i love it sat down and done my wrapping to xmas music gareth downloaded it was lovely :D xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back