Cooks needed! Help

Krystal

Reaction score
Hiya :wave:

Right I bought some fresh cod fillets the other day for a recipe but only read half of recipe :wall: missed loads.

They need eating today and I would like ideas on what meal I can do - Has to be healthy cos I am on diet and also easy to make c os I am rubbish and also doesn't need a massive amount of ingredients cos I don't have them :lol:

Ok in my cooking cupboard I have chilli powder, mixed herbs, pesto, tomato puree, balsamic vinegar, leave things, parsley I think you call them. I have lentils.

I have peppers and onions (red and normal) I have plain flower. And obviously all your normal things.

Any ideas? :doh:

Sweetcheeks24 said:
I have plain flower. And obviously all your normal things.

Any ideas? :doh:

Hmmm... the only thing I would know is Steamed Cod with Carnations.... :rotfl:

I think you mean flour lovey... are you having another blonde day?!

My mum found a website where you could get recipes using ingredients you already had... I'll see if I can find it for you :lol:

:rotfl: you know what I meant - F L O U R - Ooooh that website sounds great if you know the address :D

I'm thinking of probably doing just cod with new potatoes but I don't know how to cook the cod and make it tasty :doh: I usually have it with batter next to a portion of chips :lol:

it's a bit simple isn't it :think:

100% of 1 ingredients in Apple on its own.
Only got an apple? Fridge barer than a new born grizzly? Try this recipe for success.

100% of 1 ingredients in Steak.
A juicy steak waiting for you on your plate, with a light salad or chips. A wonderful piece of food that goes well with nearly everything.

100% of 1 ingredients in Fried egg.
I think you know what this is!

100% of 1 ingredients in Roast beef.
That old favorite, that is wonderful with roast potatoes and is very reminicent of sundays.

100% of 1 ingredients in Filled baked potatoes.
A versatile meal that can inclue almost anything lftover in your fridge.

100% of 2 ingredients in Baked Beans on Toast
We all know and love this, so go on get to it.

100% of 2 ingredients in Cheese on Toast
Come on don’t look at me like that, I had to include it, I have lived off it for long enough.

100% of 2 ingredients in Cheese Sandwich
The original Earl of Sandwich probably would turn in his grave at the common use of his name, but who cares? Tuck in.

100% of 2 ingredients in Cheese Soufflé Omelette
An easy, but very impressive dish. Give it a go and show off to a loved one, or one you want to be loved by.

100% of 2 ingredients in Crisps
This home made version is far superior to the stuff bought in a packet, and can have any flavour you like.

:rotfl:

Nice and plain dinner

Cod fillets on a bed of mashed potatoes drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar yummy x

chickadee1976 said:
Nice and plain dinner

Cod fillets on a bed of mashed potatoes drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar yummy x

Ooooh that sounds yummy, I love mash!

How do you cook the cod? In a grill? Then do you drizzle the oil an vinegar over the top of it once served onto your plate or is that whilst you cook it?

Sweetcheeks24 said:
it's a bit simple isn't it :think:

100% of 1 ingredients in Apple on its own.
Only got an apple? Fridge barer than a new born grizzly? Try this recipe for success.

100% of 1 ingredients in Steak.
A juicy steak waiting for you on your plate, with a light salad or chips. A wonderful piece of food that goes well with nearly everything.

100% of 1 ingredients in Fried egg.
I think you know what this is!

100% of 1 ingredients in Roast beef.
That old favorite, that is wonderful with roast potatoes and is very reminicent of sundays.

100% of 1 ingredients in Filled baked potatoes.
A versatile meal that can inclue almost anything lftover in your fridge.

100% of 2 ingredients in Baked Beans on Toast
We all know and love this, so go on get to it.

100% of 2 ingredients in Cheese on Toast
Come on don’t look at me like that, I had to include it, I have lived off it for long enough.

100% of 2 ingredients in Cheese Sandwich
The original Earl of Sandwich probably would turn in his grave at the common use of his name, but who cares? Tuck in.

100% of 2 ingredients in Cheese Soufflé Omelette
An easy, but very impressive dish. Give it a go and show off to a loved one, or one you want to be loved by.

100% of 2 ingredients in Crisps
This home made version is far superior to the stuff bought in a packet, and can have any flavour you like.

:rotfl:

Hardly a host of culinary delights :rotfl:

Healthiest way to cook Cod is Grill it or steam it. I never add oil to my Cod fillets when I cook them, I will normally add a bit of chopped parsley when I serve it on my plate or squeeze a bit of lemon on top. Or you could have Cod in cheese sauce with boiled or new potatoes. I love cooking :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back