christmas eve

budge

Reaction score
i look forward to christmas eve. I try and get all my shopping done by afternoon so i can sit back and relax in the evening. I love it coz you can think whats done is done and whats not done TOUGH!!!

Does anyone go to midnight mass? Every year i say i will but i never make it :( . Its meant to be really nice and i love carols.

Does anyone do anything special on christmas eve?

we always say we will go to midnite mass to but aint so far
Mum and dad both do half days xmas eve (if weekday) so wen they get home we tidy up the house ready for xmas day and sort out food that we can then we have a really nice tea and watch a film :D

I love doing absolutely nothing on Christmas eve :lol:

This year will be the first year me and OH can spend it together. One of us has always been at work for previous years.

And in the evening I'm going to arrange all the presents around the tree and make Phoebe a little stocking :D I can't wait :cheer:

I go to church carol service around 4pm christmas eve, they have all the kiddies fro sunday school dressed up and perform a navity play and then they get all the children in the church to gather round the crib and place a "baby Jesus" doll in the end. Its so lovely, it makes me cry every year

I started going with my friend and her brother and his family go too, we sadly lost her brother last year just before christmas but we all still went in his memory as he loved the service so much...it will be sad again this year but I am sure he will be there with us in spirit :angel:

Sorry to turn this sad, i also love 5pm when all the shops are shut, all the prezzies are wrapped and I normally get p***ed peeling veg for chrimbo dinner. This year will be a shandy, and feet us as mum doing dinner this year!!!! :cheer:

On christmas eve i finish wrapping pressies and put them under the tree when the kids are in bed and watch any christmas films that are on :cheer: ,i can never sleep though i am such a big kid :roll: :D xx

Usually we go to pub at midday, get hammered and end up passed out in bed by 9pm but thus leaves us revied ready for another session xmas day

This years ill just be watching everyone else doing it BORING

Plus Im back on nights Christmas Day, how Poo Poo is that, least it falls I have NYE off though

nikki1306 said:
On christmas eve i finish wrapping pressies and put them under the tree when the kids are in bed and watch any christmas films that are on :cheer: ,i can never sleep though i am such a big kid :roll: :D xx

my hubbys errible on xmas eve! he wakes me up constantly wanting to know if i can hear the kids!

budge said:
nikki1306 said:

my hubbys errible on xmas eve! he wakes me up constantly wanting to know if i can hear the kids!

That's what i am like then i start crashing about at 5am trying to wake them :wink: :lol: xx

Xmas eve is my lil sisters birthday...so we all get together as a family, go bowling usually then on to see a film and for a meal after somewhere.....we spend Xmas Day with MIL so this is my chance to see my folks at Xmas.

i used to go out clubbing every xmas eve aint done that for 3 years now tho, dont do nout on xmas eve now,
it will be my sons birthday on xmas eve so, i may take all the kids out somewhere

I love christmas. I always say too that im going to Midnightmass (which they have at 9.30 :roll: ) and we never make it but this year im making a special effort for Jessica.
Before kids, we would have a party and get drunk and open our presents with our friends at 12. Now its a mad frenzy of present wrapping, a glass of something and a cuddle on the couch watching christmas tv.
Guess which one I prefer. To be honest, looking at that last sentance I wouldnt mind a mad frenzy on the couch :rotfl:

Christmas eve I go to midnight mass.

We do the same thing every year - hasn't changed in years. Get the kids up early (5am), have a really big family breakfast and set to work cleaning the house from top to bottom, with Christmas Carols playing full blast. By the time we get to the living room, they're too tired to help with the tree so I get to do it by myself :wink: Blokey next door complained one year, and ended up coming in to join us :oops:

I put Santa Claus the movie on while doing the decs. We go out in the afternoon, last minute shopping and delivering cards (on foot, I won't use the car). Get back about 3 and watch Santa Claus again (I won't allow anything else on TV). Church at 5pm for the crib service.

Stuart works Christmas Eve night doing the superbowl kids charity disco, so we normally walk down to see him (free bowling to tire the kids even more). I leave the kids with him for an hour to pick the car up and go to midnight mass (ours is at 10pm). Pick them up at 11.30pm and by the time we get home, they usually need carrying to bed. :sleep:

Tracy - can I come to your house on Xmas Eve!!! :pray:

That sounds perfect!

I also ban anything from the tv but Xmas films, and nothing on the cd player but carols! I prefer Xmas Eve and the whole build-up to the actual day! :?

Amanda said:
Tracy - can I come to your house on Xmas Eve!!! :pray:

That sounds perfect!

I also ban anything from the tv but Xmas films, and nothing on the cd player but carols! I prefer Xmas Eve and the whole build-up to the actual day! :?

Yeah I agree, the whole build up is often much more exciting, tbh, the day isnt really all its cracked up to be!

Xmas Eve we normally go to the pub with the family for a drink, non-alcoholic for me this year :|

I love xmas eve! I always go shopping with my mum during the day and wrap any last minute bits I have got for people. Then we make sure everything it tidy and put all the presents under the tree. Then we toddle off to the local pub for a few drinks and a nice walk home. This year I will be waiting till Aaron is in bed and my mum will listen out for him while we pop for a couple of drinks. Then it's home to watch christmas films whilst the christmas tree lights are on and snuggle on the sofa :D

im a proper bloke at christmas... i do my shopping the day before usually, running round sainsburys like a nutter fighting over the last turkey haha :D

We put tree up at beginning of December but it gets crappy decs and the kids decorate it. On Christmas Eve, it gets the posh decs and lights and the rest of the room gets decorated

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waqas432
Back