Childbirth is a lottery - do you agree?

It's kind of bad that they didn't explain to you what happened so that you don't give it to you again in the future. Doctors don't tend to like to admit that a drug they gave you can cause an allergy. I am allergic to budesonide which is a synthetic hormone used to treat asthma. The doctor said it is impossible to be allergic to it because it exactly the same as the hormone that occurs naturally. Finally he believed me when I took it in front of him and he thought I was going to stop breathing:roll:. Actually he was pretty nice about it after, I think it scared him, but he could have just believed me. Soo anyway I tend to cringe when I hear the words 'synthetic hormone' I'm sure the chances of me being allergic to it are still pretty slim but the idea of syntocinin was already making me nervous. In some hospitals they give it routinely after birth to speed up the last part of labour so I'm going to say I don't want it unless of an emergency and I'm just hoping I can avoid a c section!

Oh yes, not an appealing option is it! Doctors are very mistrusting arent they. I always think "why would I lie?!"

I have an issue where I seem to need a really high dose of local anaesthetic for it to work. When I had my epidural I told this to the anesthetist who confidently informed me that it was impossible to be resistant to anaesthetic. And then was surprised to find I could reliably tell him where he was jabbing me with a needle after he gave me the anaesthetic :roll: Some of us are just SPECIAL okay?! ;)

I always have to have double dose of local, sometimes they dont believe me either. I mean, why would you make it up?

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

I am the opposite, I seem to be extra sensitive to anaesthetic. When the dentist took my last wisdom tooth out she used a lot, I still couldn't feel my face a week later, in fact several years later I still have an odd feeling in that side of my face so I think it must have damaged the nerve. Now I always ask the dentist to use as little as possible.

Last edited:
I thought I could influence things and make it easier for myself, practised hypnobirthing, breathing, etc... until baby came back to back and I was in so much pain I forgot what my name was.

I thought I could influence things and make it easier for myself, practised hypnobirthing, breathing, etc... until baby came back to back and I was in so much pain I forgot what my name was.

My first labour was back to back and she had to be turned and held by forceps .There is no feeling like back to back labour .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back