child tax credit?

sarafet

Reaction score
i was talking to my friend about this on the phone today, she has twins and has split with the dad recently so they are having to recalculate how much she gets.

i really don't know much about benefits, maternity allowance etc, i know i'm not entitled to much because i'm a student and have no job, so i won't get SMP and doubt i'll be able to get MA either. was just wondering if anyone gets child tax credit just now, and if it's a good amount really? my friend was getting about £400 for her girls a month.

i really need to start working out finances for when babies here :doh:

im not sure about this either

there is a room somewhere on here thats got lots of helpful advice

I received a folder today from the hospital when I had my scan, its been issued as a trial from the Financial Services Authority and goes through loads of useful information about budgeting, how much a baby costs, how to save and the benefits you are entitled to.

It came with a CD rom so you could work out how much you are entitled to and how much you can save.

You can view the booklet online from the following website

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/financial_capability/tools/parents.html

If you click on the "leaflets" hyperlink under Want to Find out More? this will take you to the full booklet and the online calculators.

theres also a website called "entitled to" google it, and fill it out as if baby was born yesterday and it will tell u how much you will get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back