Child support...

AugustMum

Reaction score
I'm really confused about child support. Personally Id rather not go through the csa, but if Im a single parent recieving benefits then would they contact me anyway or do I have to ask them to sort out the child support?

I spoke to the FOB about it the other day, and said we might not have a choice whether they get involved, and he said that he doesn't want anything to do with them and he'd make sure he gave me money....although...so far, he hasn't brought anything for the baby, or given me any money towards it, and when I said to him that Id help him buy things he just replied with 'why? I thought you've already got it all?'

So basically question is....do I need to ask the csa to get involved or will they contact me automatically? and, do you think I should go through the csa or work out money things with him directly? (were still speaking and on good terms and everything)

When you apply for benefits after birth (income support etc) they will tell you that you will recieve less benefits if you refuse to get csa involved x I was threatened with this alot but stood my ground as I didn't want anything to do with her sperm donor and that included money x however I think it's down to whether you think he will pay consistently without prompting or not x if not then csa is about the only way to go x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back