Child Benefits- ARRGH

moss

Reaction score
Sorry this is a bit woe is me, but my husband just called to ask what the holdup was for a child benefit and they said they don't have our application! He spoke to them a couple of weeks ago and they said they did. So somewhere between then and now I guess they lost it, and they claim there is nothing they can do. Jacob is four months now and we are students! We can't afford this. The person he spoke to today said they will backdate the claim if we reapply but I can't see how this is the case because he is over four months now. I am depending on this, tax credit and the sure start money but won't be seeing any of it for at least two months. I don't know what I am going to do. This really messes up everything.

Has this happened to anyone else here?

I would call again and see if person number 3 can find it. Always write down the name of the people you speak to. If you can remember when you called before, ask to speak to a manager and tell them exactly when you called and that you would like them to investigate further. I seem to remember they lost Urchin's application for years so she got all that money back dated. I might not have that right though.

I forgot to update this! We got a call to tell us they found all but the first two pages! That is such a relief. Our application will be delayed because of how they lost it, but they are processing it now and we just re-sent the other pages. I feel a lot better! I hope there aren't any other problems. They said we should be able to find out more next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back