Child support questions!

bearsmummy

Reaction score
Right so I'm thinking of getting child support off livs 'dad' what I want to know is...

1. If I start claiming money off him does it give him any right to access to her?

2. Would he have to pay for the last 6 months or just from when I claim?

Help would be greatly appreciated thank you ladies xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well my ex pays and he doesnt see them but i think if he went to court he would get access not that he would do that because ive offered for him to see them way too many times and he lets them down so i have told him until he can be a stable person in their lives to not bother with them as it just upsets them i never got backpay only from the day i claimed

Thanks midnight! I really don't know what to do! I don't see why I should struggle with money whilst he has the life of luxury with his new gf. But at the same time I dont want him to turn around and tell me he wants to start seeing her because he will let her down continuously x

I don't think he would see her, which is a horrible thing to say, but from what you've said about him, whether he has to give you money or not, dont think he'd want to be too involved. He sounds like an arse. I say go for it. Like you say, theres no reason why you should struggle. If I was in your situation it's what I would do.

if he does want to see her then tell him he can go through the courts :) he sounds like my ex and i doubt he will bother with that

But hes such a tw*t he would turn around and say he wants to see her as he's paying for her x

has he seen her at all in the 6 months?
he could get access but it will only be as your there to begin with speak to the csa and see what they suggest

No he hasn't and to be fair I have no way of contacting him and he has none for me. I don't know how the csa will even track him down x

if he works they will track him dont worry and they can take it out of his wage before he gets it :) i dont think he will get instant access rights but if he did go to court then it would look favourable to him that he is supporting her but to begin with he will prob only be able to see her whilst you are present untill he gets a bond with her and then if he fails to turn up then you can go back to courts and say he isnt turning up or is sloppy with when he shows ect, if he is not on the birth cert then he can say he isnt the father then he would have to prove this ect dna but then when proven she is his i think he can go on the birth cert giving him parental responsability

See I don't want any of that. I definatly don't want him on her birth certificate. I might just leave it all x

My ex dnt pay csa and he's took me to court over seeing her the last few weeks, over here they ant bothered if they pay for em or not as they will still get access, so u might aswell get money out iff him hun

He would have to give you back payment too I'm pretty sure. And it wouldn't give him the 'right' to see her just like that. You deserve the help!

You dnt get back payments, only from the day the claims made so you wnt get anymoney back from before then

Well I've done it! I rang and put in for a claim it took ages for them to find his national insurance number but they found him through his mum x

Fair play hun why shud ir lo suffer, as even if u never did it he wud still get access through the courts!

thats good! well done. i dont think it automaticlly gives him rights to see her, i think its your right to say no until a court says diferent and do you think he would go to that trouble?
When csa get hold of him, he dont have a choice to pay or not. he will have to. :hugs:

If he wants to see her then he would have to go thru the court,his csa payments can only b backdated to the day u claim (chances r he's prob been expectin a letter from them anyway) Xx

He hasn't been expecting one because he tried to threaten me into not claiming hence its taken 6 months for me to do it but i'm not scared anymore theres nothing he can do to hurt us anymore. x

Well done for doing it! I wish I did in the beginning for my oldest but I stupidly told them we'd sort out payments on our own. Well the last time he saw him (just passing through a street) was when my son was 5, he's 14 now! I claimed child support back then hut cos he was always in and out of jobs all I ever had was £10!! Disgusting.

Is he on livs birth certificate? After dec 2003, the law changed and only fathers who are on thier birth certificate or married to thier mothers have immediate parental responsibilty. I don't think he has any right to contact her at all unless he applied to the courts for this PR...even then he has to give reasons to why he wants it and show his degree of commitment to his daughter.

So I honestly wouldn't worry about him wanting contact, he'd have to do a lot to get it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back