Anyone know anything about bailiffs?

dollface79

Reaction score
To cut a long story short my other halfs ex wife went mental when she realised he was not going back to her and went to CSA to start up payments... which we have no problem with as he wants to pay for his son even though she wont let him see him... the problem is that she blatently lied to CSA and told them that they had been split up for 8 years!!!! It had been 1 year by the time CSA was involved.

Now they are saying we owe over 7 grand. They believe every lie she has told them and no matter how much we fight they say we are in the wrong and that he has to pay for the "8 years they were apart. It was 1 f''king year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Obviously we are trying to fight this as it's just not fare... but now bailiffs have been brought in and left a letter this morning stating they will be back for items. Does anyone know the law on this? Can we stop them coming in?

I really don't need this right now, they stress is killing me.

Have you spoken to cab? Or even a solicitor! Take advantage of those free half hour sessions x

It's all very difficult to prove. They were together for the 8 years but technically did not live together... My oh lived with his father who needed a carer, she lived on the same street 4 doors down and my oh stayed with her every night but his actual address was his dads address. He did all the normal stuff that men do, like the house shopping and giving her money for the bills but obviously she kept it all in her name.

I dont understand this at all, I am in contact with the CSA at the moment. My sons dad has not paid in 9 years and they say they cannot backdate it, they can only date it from the day the letter was sent out? Thats terrible that she is doing this, I hope you can get it sorted as thats not fair at all, maybe Citizens advice will be able to help xx

If im right oh was getting carers allowance, she will have got single parents benifits but he was in the governments eyes living with her really, meaning she might have been commiting benefit fraud so might ur oh if he was claiming, but im not sure about that. You may need to think about that, if you do fight it he could end up paying back more. Sorry if im wrong its just the way it seems to me.

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

He never claimed for looking after his dad, he simply moved in and got on with it when he got poorly. I think for now he is going to arrange some sort of monthly payment plan to keep the bailiffs out for now and then get down to CAB to see what can be done. Doesn't help i've just seen her... felt like smashing her face all over the floor... but that would just put me in jail. :(

I dont understand this at all, I am in contact with the CSA at the moment. My sons dad has not paid in 9 years and they say they cannot backdate it, they can only date it from the day the letter was sent out? Thats terrible that she is doing this, I hope you can get it sorted as thats not fair at all, maybe Citizens advice will be able to help xx

This is what I believed to be the case too - my partner has a daughter with his ex and used to pay her in cash until he met me and I went crazy at him. He was also paying twice what he should which we couldn't afford, so when he put the payments down she went to CSA (and ended up with less, silly moo!) but they could only take money from the date she claimed.

To the OP, I would definitely go to a solicitor because I'm sure they can't backdate past the claim date. Also, a bailiff cannot force entry into your property. If they come knocking, make sure you don't answer the door and that the doors and windows are locked. If they can find a way in without breaking and entering then they can and will, but otherwise they can't do anything.

Hope you get it sorted hon x

He never claimed for looking after his dad, he simply moved in and got on with it when he got poorly. I think for now he is going to arrange some sort of monthly payment plan to keep the bailiffs out for now and then get down to CAB to see what can be done. Doesn't help i've just seen her... felt like smashing her face all over the floor... but that would just put me in jail. :(

Ah ok I wasnt sure in that case it wont be a problem. I think if he pays them anything it is taken as admitting he owes the dept is speak to someone asap before you do anything x

Sent from my E15i using Tapatalk

incase you havent got a payment plan sorted buy the time the bailiffs come out (sometimes they dont even get called off util they are at your door!!!)

if they can gain entry in any way (via an open window ect) they are legally aloud to... if you don't answer the door to them they cant force it open...

defiantly get in contact with CAB though!!! good luck x

CSA can ONLY backdate a payment if they had a case open for the entire 8 years. That means she would have to have gone through CSA eight years ago and your OH has been non compliant for the 8 years x it worth checking if this is the case x

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was going to say the same-csa only backdate to the date of the claim.
Has he got any photos of them together as a couple? Also names,addresses and contact numbers of people who can verify they were a couple and their circumstances-put all this in a letter and send it recorded delivery to csa x

I asked him about how it goes back 8 years... originally he was married to this woman but they split up when she was pregnant and got divorced. After the birth she obviously contacted CSA to start up payments which he payed, but they ended up getting back together (they never re-married). As far as my oh was aware she had informed them of this, and she told him it was cancelled. He has found out now she never ever cancelled the first case and pretty much told them to put it on hold so to speak...

Basically she has covered her ass for if he ever left her again, and has screwed him good style. I was told she was a psycho but i didn't think she was this bad. To top it all off she knows her way around the system because her mother works for the child protection services... when they were called in after she was reported for abuse to her kids her mother told her what to do and say.

I asked him about how it goes back 8 years... originally he was married to this woman but they split up when she was pregnant and got divorced. After the birth she obviously contacted CSA to start up payments which he payed, but they ended up getting back together (they never re-married). As far as my oh was aware she had informed them of this, and she told him it was cancelled. He has found out now she never ever cancelled the first case and pretty much told them to put it on hold so to speak...

Basically she has covered her ass for if he ever left her again, and has screwed him good style. I was told she was a psycho but i didn't think she was this bad. To top it all off she knows her way around the system because her mother works for the child protection services... when they were called in after she was reported for abuse to her kids her mother told her what to do and say.

Shit. The sneaky little wench! I don't know what else to say, I just hope you get some good news soon hon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back