• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chicken puree

Lynds77

Reaction score
help!

I made Freya chicken with carrot and brocolli and I blended it to a puree. Tastes nice but the texture is minging! its kinda grainy? She doesnt like the texture at all

does this happen with all puree that contains protein? (its the first meat she has had)

I ended up adding apple puree to smooth it out, and she takes it much better that way. Actually still tastes nice!

anyone any tips on how to make this better?

At first I had to add loads of water to protein to make it smoother.

Now he takes it lumpy so its not an issue

I remember chicken going a really weird texture, I *think* I just added water, although it's like 3 years ago now! I never really went for properly puréed purées though, I tended to just blitz a bit with the blended and leave a few lumps! Sorry that's been a really useless post :blush:

Yeah, Amelie had problems adjusting to the protein grainy texture. It took her 3 tried to be ok with it. Keep offering she will get used to it. At 6 m and 1 week I was giving pulsed only food instead of completely smooth purées and that greatly helped. Now she would eat about any texture bit she prefer mashed with fork rather than purée. I now chop the meat in tiny pieces with the fork and add in the mashed vegetables rather than purée.
They do get used to it though.
Beef has a better texture than chicken and the best texture wise is the fish.

my next batch cook is going to be salmon, tomato and carrot. I am going to mash it rather than blend it and see how we go.

Then week after that will try her with some red meat and see how she prefers that. Hopefully soon she will be happy with lumpier textures so I dont have to puree everything.

she crams big lumps of avocado, cheese and apple in her mouth, but its the tiny wee lumps she gags and chokes on? strange wee poppet

Yeah try the lumps and see how it will go. They learn quick.
The past days I offered Amelie bigger and bigger chunks. Today I dint fork mash anything. I just fed her whole pieces from my plate with my hand, fried chicken and roasted vegetables. She enjoyed it much more.
Be careful with raw pieces of apple is one of the top chocking hazards.
I usually saute her apple in a little butter and cinnamon or I steam it a tiny bit.

I found that blending chicken breast or minced chicken/Turkey went really grainy and horrible but if you cook a chicken thigh with the skin on and then blend that it's soooo much better. You need the fat and juice that you get in a thigh I think x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Briguebbon
Back