Nom nom nom - BF weaning advice needed - Nom nom nom

Sherlock said:
beanie said:
Me personally,I would go BLW, I know you want to wait till 6 months but if your baby is developmentally ready he can't eat. Giving purees is going against the BLW ideal (only they put things in their mouth) but I also appreciate that some people aren't entirely comfy with giving finger foods first so prefer going down the puree route. Either way do what you feel happiest with. He certainly is a cutie. :D

Did you mean if he is developmentally ready he can eat? If so then ok my mind is made up and its carrot sticks tomorrow for us and him. He is a bright little boy and I am sure he'll take to it. He was trying to chew tonight on the spoon and chewed the carrot off of it.

I just asked over in the BLW blog thread if I could go with sticks of food already or to wait till 6 months. I wanted the advice of Mums already doing BLW because I am starting a bit sooner than planned, hence my being cautious.

Yes I did mean that. Seren was weaned earlier then Cally and was eating finger foods at 5 1/2 months, no problems. Looking forward to hearing about it :)

Looks like you're going great guns on feeding - good to see as we'll be starting in a couple of weeks and am a little nervous about it... but anyway, in answer to your question:

Anyone offer any advice on how quickly I can up his food stuff and how quickly we could progress to three meals a day? I don't want to rush him but seeing how he has been the past two days I can tell he is loving it and just wants more.

From what I've been reading, looks like it's best to add a meal a week ie 1 meal a day in the first week, 2 in the second and 3 in the third - just gives their wee bodies time to adjust - hope that helps. And BTW Galen is adorable!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back