Chest "pain" question

CARNAT22

Reaction score
Well it's not exactly chest pain but more of an uncomfortable, tight feeling around my bra-strap line when I wake up (I don't wear a bra to bed!)

We have a new mattress and pillows - about a month old - so it can't be that?

When I do feel bub move (or what I think is bub) it is pretty low down near pubic bone so it can't be bub?

Pain goes as soon as a I get up and I only experience it first thing in the morning?

The only thing I can liken it to is when I used to smoke and I had a heavy night out and smoked to many ciggies?? (I haven't smoked for over a year!)

Any ideas?

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Morning!
I find if I sleep in a different bed I get all sorts of aches and pains... did the pain start when you got the new bed? If you're anything like me you've had to find new sleep positions to accommodate bumpy too so it could be the new bed/position combo?X

Morning!
I find if I sleep in a different bed I get all sorts of aches and pains... did the pain start when you got the new bed? If you're anything like me you've had to find new sleep positions to accommodate bumpy too so it could be the new bed/position combo?X

Thanks hun,

We've had the new mattress for a month and these pains have happened the past 3 mornings?

It's really hard to explain as it's not a conventional pain, more of an internal ache?

xxxxxxxxx

Is it just at the front, or does it go around the back as well? Xx

i had these pains and then they got a bit lower down near my heart.. as i work in a hairdressers and use my arms all the time it got really painful so i panicked and went to the doctors ( i felt a bit silly afterwards).. doctor said it was nothing to worry about and that i had just bruised something in my chest i have no idea how
this might be a completley different thing to you but it may help abit

xx

I have a miriad of "chest" symptoms. I have been so sure for years now that I have a cardiac problem, its driving me mad and it's become a bit of an obsession.
I had a normal ECG a couple of years ago but once I've had this baby i am really gooing to push for futher investigations, even just to rid me of the anxiety.

It's worrying isn't it, it is as you say though, more than likely your new bed :hugs:
Keep an eye on it x

Could it be heartburn? Have you tried a gulp of gaviscon when you get the pain? Just because you say it eases when you get up???? xxx

I think it's do do with everything inside being smushed as bubs grows.

I'm asthmatic and have been noticing my attacks are becoming more frequent and I get quite breathless (don't talk to me about stairs)

Do you sleep on your back?

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

I'm not asthmatic but agree with the breathing thing. Not so much this time yet (fx) but with the twins I felt like I had the lung capacity of a bluebottle :(
I always also got a terrible pain in my rib, right under my boob :(
But we still all love pregnancy though dont we ;) xxx

When I manage to fall asleep I do sleep on my back but I wake up (for wee's) in the night and I am trying to make an effort to sleep on my left side.

I have no health problems (asthma or the like) and it's only been in the past few days I've noticed it.

I don't think it's heartburn as it goes within about a minute of me getting up!

xxxxxxxxxx

I think lying on your back can restrict your breathing during pregnancy ... But I
Might be wrong ... I don't ever sleep on my back

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

hey lady didnt see this :shock: what a bad bump buddy i havent been stalking you enough

right then chest pains, at your stage in pregnancy as you know you have increased ( muchly so ) blood these days all hammering around your body and this can also cause nasel congestion> not like a cold, as in your vessels in the back of your nose can swell up due to the increased pressure, thus causing you to breath more shallowly in your sleep resulting in a tighter chest as you try and compensate for it.

stop sleeping on your back missy!!!!!!! get yourself a nice big pregnancy pillow for the bed to keep you rolled over on your side you may find it easier to breathe on your side without the bumpage squahing all your organs up to your lungs!

xxxxxxx

^^ if it carrys on though get yourself to the doctors!! thats an official Bump Buddy order :trouble:

Last edited:
Oh bless you Lynette sweetie!!

I have been feeling quite congested for about a week now (not unlike the feeling before you catch a cold!!)

I will have a look at maternity pillows and for the time being OH can make sure I am on my side :lol:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was going to mention it in an update but as you never told me you had congestion i didnt bother :roll: i demand to know of all ailments from now on ...............except if you get thrush...........keep that bad boy to yourself :sick:

I promise to provide you with an up to date ailment list hun

xxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back