Pain in the ..... pubic bone :)

Naterjack

Reaction score
Bit of a question from me

When lying down and turning over or getting up from a soft seat like the sofa i get this horrid pain in the front of my pubic bone, just like a bruised bone or something but the pain is usually so bad it makes me wince.

Fine the rest of the time :(

Any idea's ??

I have days like this, but normally from sitting to standing, after walking for a while it eases off a bit. The pain is in my hips and lower back as well. I'm not sure if it is to do with where the baby is lying or the ligaments stretching (actually don't think you've got ligaments in your pubic area) :lol:

I have been having this aswell when I get up from the sofa or if I move somewhere too quickly. I asked my midwife and she said its because the ligaments are alot softer when your pregnant so its easier to pull something if you get up too quickly or something like that so now I look like an old woman when I get up off the sofa because im trying to do it so carefully!! :lol:

yeah it sounds like mild SPD to me.

The pelvis is made up of 3 bones that are held together by ligaments in a kinda triangle. When the relaxin comes into the body to relax muscles it also relaxes ligaments and for some ladies it relaxes the ligaments that hold these bones together...the result is that when you make a movement like turning over in bed, getting off the sofa, and then if its really bad, walking, especially up the stairs, or any movement which involves you moving one leg independently from the other, then the bones move apart and together cos they arnt held tightly together anymore and thats what causes the pain.

I got it REALLY badly with James at the end of the pregnancy and unfortunately it seems to be returning now with a vengence. :cry:

If its really bad then see your midwife who will refer you to hospital for physio and also give you a belt thing to wear which artificially does the job that the ligaments should do (hold your pelvis together).

I would suggest seeing someone about it if you are in pain cos i ended up on crutches with james..

Also, wen you make a movement, try and do the same things on both sides. So when you stand up, do it with your feet together and if turning over in bed try not to move one leg over the other, use your upper body to rotate yourself instead. That should ease the movement of the pelvis and not cause so much pain.
:hug: :hug:

thanks for that, very useful to know - i shall try that

I seem to have turned into a right cripple because of the pains I am getting in my pelvis. Keeping your hips/pelvis as straight and as in line as possible helps a great deal (even if you end up looking a bit weird getting off your chair at work! :oops: )

I just haven't worked out how to turn over (or move at all) in bed and am just not getting any sleep at the moment. The last couple of nights I have ended up downstairs in an armchair because it just hurts less and means I don't struggle to get up when I need a wee. I used Neil to try and push myself out of bed at some unreasonable hour the other night as I needed the toilet and he woke up in a panic and a half as he thought something was up (apparently needing a wee wasn't as important! :rotfl: )

The sleeping situation is really getting me down at the moment though - I don't want to have to sleep on my own in the living room for the next 14 or so weeks because lying down is so god damn painful (and impossible to get up from!) :?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back