Chemical pregnancy-how soon should I expect a period?

Emma.b

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I haven't been on in a long time but I needed some advise. I did a cheap one step test on Friday and a faint line appeared but looked more grey to me also did an OPK and got a strong positive. Tested with a frer on Saturday and a faint pink line appeared, left it til this morning to test again with a frer and there is no line at all. Also tried an OPK and that's no longer positive. So I can only assume this was a chemical pregnancy?

Now all tests are negative how soon should I expect a period to happen? Sorry if this is the wrong area to post in, I've never experienced this before xx

Hey hun, sorry to hear about your chemical loss. I had a chemical loss the month prior to conceiving with my current pregnancy. My period came on it's normal time, expect it either on time or a few days late. Your next cycle will not be affected either so it's very easy to conceive again without waiting or trying other methods if you are TTC.

You may have a slightly heavier bleed but it'll just look and be like a normal period.

Hi hun,
So sorry for your loss. With my chemical mc my period returned to normal straight away.

With mine i had 2 very positive tests (quite early) and then the tests got lighter and after 2 days were completely negative. If you don't test early and have a chemical you probably wouldn't know as your period happens around the normal time xxxx

Hi
sorry to hear about this, when I had a chemical I was already bleeding when the tests went negative! I guess if your progesterone levels got a little high with the bfp, Af will come when they drop back down.

hope you're okxx

Hi ladies

Thanks for your replies. Well I'm still not sure what is going on, I last tested Monday morning got a negative but still had no period :/

We had not been trying, I was taking the pill! So this was a complete surprise. It might help if I give you some history then maybe tell me what you think?

It goes back to January

I had my pill free week on the 5th jan but my period didn't show up, I took my pill as directed the following week (w/c 12th jan) and this is the week I had my bleed only light and I carried on with my pill right through til the 2nd feb which should have been my next pill free week. Again my period didn't show up but I had aching so I decided to stay off the pill til my period started then continue with the pill. By the 14th I still had no period so tested and it came back faint positive, tested again Saturday 15th positive again left it til 17th and tested negative. It's now 19th and still no period. Yet I'm 2 weeks past my due period !

I'm not sure whether to just hang on and wait or make an appointment to see a doc, not really sure what a doctor could do though :( xx xx xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back