checking your cervix?????

antonia

Reaction score
ok ladies yet another dumb question from me , but i have read a few people mentioning checking your cervix to determin ov????????

firstly how do you do this (surprised how little i know about my body, should really have paid more attention in biology, lol)

and secondly what should i be looking for???

again sorry for being stupid :oops:

I don't know about checking your cervix but it's supposd to be when you get the kind of egg yolk consistency dicharge that you're at your peak is it not?

shesmurf said:
I don't know about checking your cervix but it's supposd to be when you get the kind of egg yolk consistency dicharge that you're at your peak is it not?

Yes getting ewcm is a big sign but a lot of girls on here check their cervix as it changes during the cycle I am not sure myself but I think that at one point of the cycle it is hard and high and another time it is soft and low or is it high and soft and low and hard :think: so if you know where the cervix is it can also help determine ov.

Someone will be along later that can help you more as I do not do it myself (I am not sure how to :oops: :oops:)

I don't do it either, but I think you're supposed your finger up there to feel it. I don't get how your finger can reach up to your cervix though, because I thought the vagina was supposed to be about 4 inches long, but your finger is only about 2 1/2 inches long. :?

Cori said:
I don't do it either, but I think you're supposed your finger up there to feel it. I don't get how your finger can reach up to your cervix though, because I thought the vagina was supposed to be about 4 inches long, but your finger is only about 2 1/2 inches long. :?

God you've got short fingers!!! :shock:

shesmurf said:

I think you mean "egg white" EWCM.... it means egg white cervical mucas :wink:

Sorry i dont check my cervix so i dont pay much attention to posts about it :hug:

xxsammyxx said:
Cori said:

God you've got short fingers!!! :shock:

LOL. Well my index finger is 2 1/2 inches, but my middle finger is 3 inches. But that still wouldn't be long enough to feel the cervix, would it?

Hi Cori,

From what fertility friend says when it is high and closed then you can barely feel it but obviously when it is low you can feel it really easily so that's how you tell

I think your fingers sound normal :rotfl: :rotfl: although I haven't measured mine recently. If I asked my husband he would say they were 6 inches!!!!!

So I wouldn't be able to feel mine to see what it is doing then. :(

If you couldn't feel it you would consider it to be high and if you could then it would be low...

I can't always feel mine.

Do you chart? If you open a fertility friend account they talk you through all of this stuff and you update your chart with your cervix position when you can/can't feel it xxx

Hi Antonia,

I found this on Fertility Friend for you:

I'm not comfortable checking my cervix. Do I have to check my cervix to chart my fertility?
If you don't feel comfortable checking your cervix, that's fine. You can get the same information (estrogen presence) by carefully checking your cervical fluid. Checking your cervix is an optional, secondary fertility sign. It is useful for cross-checking your other signs, but is not strictly essential. As you gain more experience and body awareness as you continue charting, you may feel less squeamish about checking your cervix. Indeed, as you see how your other signs are showing you your fertility status, you may feel more comfortable checking your cervix as well.

I can't feel my cervix at all sometimes. What does it mean if I can't reach my cervix?

If you suddenly cannot feel your cervix, it probably means that it has moved to a high position and you should consider yourself at your most fertile. If you often have difficulty reaching your cervix, you may be able to reach it using a different position. Lying on your back with your legs up may make your cervix easier to reach.

My cervix feels high and soft even though I've already ovulated. What does this mean?

Usually the cervix returns to a non-fertile (closed, low, hard) position just after ovulation. You may, however, notice that it exhibits some fertile characteristics even after ovulation. This is because some estrogen may be produced by the corpus luteum during your luteal phase. If your chart is showing a clear and sustained thermal shift and ovulation is clearly detected on your chart, you need not consider yourself fertile. If, however, you are noticing that your cervix is exhibiting fertile characteristics and your thermal shift is not dramatic or clear, you should consider that you could be fertile and keep on having intercourse so you don't miss a chance.

My cervix feels high when I check in the morning, but low when I check in the evening. Which should I record on my chart?

Checking your cervix position is a bit different than checking your cervical fluid. When you check your cervical fluid, it is recommended to check several times a day and note your most fertile fluid of the day. The cervix, however, may change position depending on the time of day. It is usually higher in the morning and lower in the evening, but your own experience may vary. It is thus recommended to choose a time of day to check your cervix and stick with it throughout the cycle, recording only the observation from the usual time.

To be honest, I am not checking mine at the moment but I might start to soon. It says here that it should pretty much reflect what your CM is saying anyway

ejjie said:
Hi Cori,

From what fertility friend says when it is high and closed then you can barely feel it but obviously when it is low you can feel it really easily so that's how you tell

I think your fingers sound normal :rotfl: :rotfl: although I haven't measured mine recently. If I asked my husband he would say they were 6 inches!!!!!

Ellie, thats so funny about the six inches bit :rotfl: You just made me chuckle :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back