Cervix question!? (tmi)

jamiereed85

Reaction score
Quick question about cervix position...

I keep reading about people checking their cervix (I didn't even know this was possible... or even what a cervix felt like!? :shock: :oops: )

Well... I checked my cervix... and I was wondering... what does it feel like when it is closed?

I mean... how closed should it feel? Like would you be able to feel inside of the opening when it is open? When it's closed would it be too small to insert a fingertip? I'm just so confused about the whole situation...

It didn't seem too high or out of reach... but wasn't extremely low either. I know I'll have to keep checking it to learn what the difference is...

Can anyone help???

thanks in advance!

I'd be interested to learn about this too, a few people have mentioned 'cervical position' and that it can be used to help you conceive, but I don't know anything about it. Someone enlighten us please :)

This is the link I was given

http://www.ovulation-calculator.com/cer ... sition.htm

it explains pretty well.

And one additional thing I read was that after having had a VD, the cervix will always feel slightly more open than before - like a slit. I found it took a little time to get used to - and open and shut I still can't tell - but I found it reassuring that my cervix agreed with my opks on my fertile time.

Good luck

i never done this before.

might look into it

Thanks for that link libs -I am definitely going to try it next month!

We should start a cervix stalker thread!!!

I would....but my dh is sick of being asked can you just check my cervix for me when I get into bed. If I start posting his comments think he'll finally have me committed :rotfl:

I think it sounds ewwwwww but that's just me :rotfl:

I must admit I agree with you katyk, but I'm getting to the stage where I'm willing to give anything a try!!

Thanks libs!

I agree that is quite gross really... but I sorta like the "knowing my body" feeling really... :oops:

I was telling my DH about it yesterday and he was sorta looking at me with this "you did what?!?" look on his face. It was hilarious (and he is a biologist for crying out loud!)

Our poor husbands... lol Although they have it relatively easy since we carry their children for nine months!!!

Men are sooooo squirmy about bodies. Admittedly first time I did it I did feel weird..but at the end of the day is it really weirder than checking how stretchy your cm is :rotfl:

I like knowing my body was doing what it was meant to :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back