Checking my fertility

Emmalt

Reaction score
My husband and I have been trying for nine months now without any luck. Yesterday I had to go to the doctors, as my sprained knee wasn't getting any better so I asked when should I start asking questions about my fertility. Because of my age and medical history (Endodemitriosis) she advised now! So as I am on my first day of my period I had a blood test this morning, I have one booked for day 21 of my cycle and we already know that my husband will have to go for a sly one with the dirty mags :rotfl:

My question is: What else can we expect? Has anybody else been through all this?

yeh , but u wont know what to expect till your have your results back from both you and hubby .

good luck !

To add insult to injury - the doctor was pregnant!

doh ! thats gotta suck ! my docs have all their kiddie pictures in the rooms , thats bad enough !

andbtw , you'l prob have a good couple of months of cd21 tests , dunno if it was because mine werent right , but i had at least 6 months in a row :shock:

I hope not as it would be difficult to fit that appointment around work each month.

May I ask if they found anything wrong? You don't have to answer this as it is a personal question.

I was diagnosed with endoemitriosis nine years ago, which was treated at the time though you can never cure it. I also had a few cysts on my ovaries, which were removed and my right fallopian tube is wrapped around my right ovary which might not be functioning properly.

yeh they did , ive got pcos and i did have a dermoid tumour on my right ovary which was removed 6 weeks ago , i find out on the 11th july if it was effecting my fertillty alot or not .

suppose i'll then have to start my cd21 tests agin , pretty sure i didnt ovulate last month :wall: and i late ovulating this month if i do :roll:

doesnt the endo mean it may take u longer ?

and with my bloods i just went at 8.00 in morning , so was only an hour late for work , which they understood .

Endo can cause infertility and ironically one of the best treatments is getting pregnant! The consultant who diagnosed me asked my, then BF and I if that was an option. As I was about to dump him ( :wave: ) it wasn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back