Charlie diagnosed with reflux...GP was waste of space!!!

mdsremos

Reaction score
We saw the GP last week as we were concerned with the amount of milk that Charlie was bringing up after feeds, sometimes upto 3 hours later and we were getting to the point that he was constantly wet through and although happy and putting on weight we knew something wasnt right.
Went to see the GP (not our normal one who is on holiday) and he agreed that it sounded like reflux and prescribed Infant Gaviscon to add to his C&G comfort formula....well what a nightmare, we went to Scotland at the weekend and he was still quite bad with the sickness and was getting really bad stomach ache in the evening so we stopped using the Gaviscon and just ended up running out of bibs and cloths and had to buy loads more until we got back home.
Went back to the same GP on Tuesday (my 30th Birthday and ended up in tears after the appointment :cry: ) and was told there was nothing else he could do about the reflux if the Gaviscon didnt work as Charlie is a healthy baby otherwise and he would ask the HV to visit us at home to check my feeding technique :evil: . I was livid that he had the cheek to make us feel like bad parents as he ignored my option to change his milk and put it down to us being first time parents.
I got straight onto SMA when I got home and explained the situation and to ask about the SMA Staydown milk and got more information from then than the doctor and got a tin that day and havent looked back since!!! The HV visited yesterday, luckily it was Jan our main HV who is really nice, and the first thing she suggested was the SMA Staydown and gave us a pat on the back for using our initiative to try a tin and was more than happy to suggest (we didnt even ask) that we have it on prescription for 6 tins a month for a 6 month period and then to be reviewed.
Why is it that some people just dont listen and we have to take the steps to use wonderful websites like this to find answers to our problems?????

Gaviscon should not be added to Omneo Comfort :shock: stupid bloody doctors, they dont know naff about reflux and it drives me up the sodding wall. we have had a battle and half with Damien, and only now do they listen! :evil:
Glad the SMA Staydown is working, that is what Damien is on, and yes it's on prescription which is damn handy!

I'm glad he otherwise happy in himself, it can be a nightmare when they are crying from that aswell as frequent sick.

Hope you're alright hun, and so is little Charlie xxx

im just so used to the sicknes now it does my head in when im ready to go out, but it dont hurt Harley he dont cry with it its ok.

iv never tryed anything but gaviscon it was crap :roll:

but if its causing Charlie pain ild kick of with the docs its not fair poor lil babe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back