Cervical ectropion/erosion

Newmum13

Reaction score
Hi, hope I am posting in the right place.

Has anyone been diagnosed with cervical ectropion/erosion during their pregnancy? I am 15 + 6 and have been getting spotting on and off throughout the pregnancy. The doctors think it is being caused by a cervical ectropion but they haven't said much else just to take it easy and rest. has anyone experienced this or something similar? And how has it affected your pregnancy? This is my first pregnancy and I'm feeling very anxious and seeing blood just sends me into a major panic x

I have this, I was diagnosed with my 2nd pregnancy which was perfectly normal and I have had a 3rd baby with no problems xx

I was just told to keep up to date with smear tests x

You might notice some bleeding after intercourse or examinations.

Thanks for replying :)

Sorry if this is tmi but did you ever get bleeding after a bowel movement....that's what I've been getting occasionally. Could this be being caused by the cervical erosion? x

No problem xxx i have never bled after a bowl movement. It might be worth getting that checked out. Xxx

Yeah I've had it checked out by the doctor and they think it's because it just puts a bit of pressure on the cervix. Did you only ever get bleeding after an exam or intercourse? Or can erosion cause some spitting? x

Yeah I have spotting all the time. It was quite concerning at first but the doctor reassured me that as long as I keep up to date with smear tests then there's no reason to worry. There is no link between erosions and cervical cancer but it's still a good idea to keep on top of it xx

Thanks so much for your advice and sharing your experience. It is just so concerning when you see spotting when pregnant. This baby is so wanted and you see blood and your mind races. It's good to know others have experience of this and it won't shouldn't affect the baby x

I have one that was diagnosed about 18 months ago-it's only caused bleeding once this pregnancy x

I had this in my last pregnancy. It was severe enough that when I bled it was a large gush each time not just spotting. The worst bit was when I was bleeding like having a period for 4 weeks continuously. Scary as hell but it didn't affect my pregnancy and my daughter is now 10 months old.

Do definitely rest though. If I did any kind of exercise, even just simply walking, I'd bleed. Sex was completely out of the question. I felt very delicate lol I'm currently 25 weeks pregnant again and so far (touch wood) nothing has happened - no bleeding at all and fertility wasn't an issue.

I had a smear done in between pregnancies too xXx

This sounds very similar to what the DR at the EPU told me when i was bleeding... i started at 10 weeks and it didn't stop until i was about 17 weeks isn (cant remember off the top of my head)
When it first started i thought i was having an MC i got the period style cramps massive clots and then had my scan and all was fine... bleeding lightened up but continued so my GP admitted me to EPU where the DR mentioned something with an E... in all fairness i was panicking and felt like id had all dignity stolen after they poked and prodded around up my lady parts.... i am now 23 weeks and baby is happy and healthy... i was just told to take it super steady... no running up and down stairs 0 heavy lifting... xxx

I was recently diagnosed with this, and find that I get a bit of pink spotting after a bowel movement, but only if iv been straining due to constipation.

I haven't been advised to do anything different, and not been advised to ease off anything.

I have this, this is my first pregnancy and it scared me so much when I started bleeding. Both the doctor and the midwife said its totally fine and nothing to worry about. My midwife also said it can start to bleed a little after intercourse or when opening your bowels :) xxx

I had implantation bleed after a bm and then the other day, I had a small release of dark, dark brown blood/discharge, which lasted about two hours. Scary, but seems ok, even though they wouldn't scan me. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back