Cervical erosion and bleeding

HJEDear

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm just over 18 weeks and last night went to the loo and had lots of bright red blood and a large (4cm x 2cm) blood clot. Totally freaked out as I had a MMC in August last year and thought it was happening all over again. Was completely unexpected as no cramping/pain beforehand.

Went to hospital this morning and they looked at my cervix and said that it's all closed but looks very red and inflammed. Dr thinks blood came from there (although I hadn't done anything to irritate it, like having sex for example). Hospital was understaffed so they can't scan baby to check all is well until tomorrow AM. Bleeding has pretty much stopped now.

Feeling really anxious now and just wondered whether anyone else has experienced cervical erosion and what the outcome was?

Thanks in advance

Ooo I didnt want to read and run, I'm about the same gest as you I'm 18 weeks and one day so I thought I'd read just in case!

have you got a doppler you can hear babys heartbeat on just until tomorrow morning!?

I'm sure all is well with bubba, he/she might have just been giving you an unwelcoming scare!! xxx

Hi there, yes me. I've had three heavy bleeds since 15 weeks once with clots in it. I too had the same advice from the hospital, emergency scan showed all ok with LO and closed cervix so was deemed to have come from lower down.

Its more common then I think we realise as talking to others on here who have had it also and gone on to have healthy babies.

I know its easy to panic when you see bright red blood, I was the same but just keep telling your Dr each time.
x

Thanks both. It's just so nerve wracking every time I go to the loo! Expecting to see blood and luckily it's just brown now.

Fingers crossed all will be ok tomorrow. I just wanted this pregnancy to be "normal" without any bleeding/spotting as when I had the MMC last year the only indication I had that something wasn't completely right was brown discharge on and off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back