cereal and yoghurt

ozzy

Reaction score
Hi,

I have been giving lo baby cereal for a while now such as cow and gate porridge and hipp creamy porridge and then i add my own fruit puree to it however it is sooo expensive and a box dosent seem to last very long.
What other cereal can i give to him instead?
also, been giving petit flours and little stars yoghurt once a day for pudding but i just woundered if there is a healthier alternative to these yoghurts?is it ok to give baby yoghurt once a day as i am running out of pudding ideas :think:
thanks ,im clueless as dont eat breakfast or yoghurts myself :oops:
xx

:wave:

i give my LO weetabix for breakfast and he LOVES it
i also give him the yoghurts you have mentioned, i give him fruitapra pots, mashed up banana
heinz fruity custard

I use weetabix for lil miss in the morning and add a fruit pureé and boob juice to it... seems to go down a treat and helps her poop as she gets terribly constipated at times. :? She got spoilt this morning as I didn't have any fruit pureé left as we had to go shopping this afternoon, so she got weetabix and half an organix reduced sugar apricot rusk (my gods that was a mouthful) that is apparently lovely :roll:

For desserts, we get a big tub of plain fromage frais (its what they make Petit filou out of ) and just mix in a fruit pureé... that tends to go down a treat too... or you can make your own yoghurt, by using natural unflavoured yoghurt and adding the fruit again. Basically once a month I go buy a ton of fruit and make a load of pureé as it is so versatile... it can be used as dessert itself, added to dessert, added to breakfast, even added to certain meals... lil miss had cabbage and pear last night :)

I dunno about the UK but it works out cheaper that way... but I remember when I had Tia, buy fresh fruit and veg in the UK was more expensive than buying pre prepared stuff :think:

leland has fromage frais for dessert at lunch times , and at night he had fruit purees / jar desserts . im still using the baby cereal at mo , he cant eat much lumpy food and im scred to try weatabix lol

I give my LO oatabix mixed with his milk, he also like banana cereal. Ive recently been giving him petit feluois for desert 3 times a day (he LOVES the stuff) but i really should give him other alternatives, think hes getting to used to getting his own way!

x

We have Ready Brek to try next week, I liked this as it has no sugar or salt in it. We also plan to give Weetabix.

We give Muller Little Stars, but also Rachel's organic do baby yoghurts with no sugar (just fruit puree and juice) and Sainsburys kids fromage frais are the same just sweetened with purees. I was going to do what Squiglet suggested but I am too lazy!

Ella also has fruit purees for pudding after tea.

great , thanks ladies your comments have helped me alot.
weetabix and readybrek next on the menu. gonna try natural yoghurt also with my own fruits.
Thanks for the ideas and tips!!xx

I tried plain fromage frais but she didn't agree, even mixed with fruit puree. So i buy those big tubs of bio pots and she loves it. Loads less sugar than the kids stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back