supper

samanthajayne

Reaction score
is it ok to give a supper now? rhys has milk throughout the day still on demand and he has a breakfast, yoghurt for dinner and then a tea and pudding. i've started to give him his milk as normal and cereal made up with some of his milk in the evenings too is this ok he seems to settle better for it (well not at the moment as he is teething) just want to be sure i'm not over feeding him

I wouldn't say you are over feeding at all. Rudy and Rhys are around the same age I think. Rudy has-

9.30 porridge for breakfast

1.30 sandwich/ pasta etc and usually some yoghurt or fruit for afters

6.30 evening meal usually what we are having without salt (last night he has mashed potato, the inside of a fish finger and cabbage cut up very small and mixed with the mash) and fruit or youghurt or both

He also has 4 bottles, 1 7oz when he gets up and then 3 6oz bottles throughout the day.

Hope that helps.
x

Sounds fine to me hun :D It's better for babies to eat small amounts at a time rather than a lot at once as their tummy's are so small. If you were over feeding him i'm sure he would be sickly and maybe unhappy. If Rhys settles better in the evening with supper then why not give him it? Do what you feel is right, follow his lead and you can't really go wrong :D

thanks for the replies sounds like i'm doing right then. like i say i just follow his lead. he lets me know what he wants and when he wants it. he is still on the puree stage really he's not keen on lumps at all or holding and eating his own food. when i read that 6 month olds are eating sandwhiches and pasta and stuff already i think god whats wrong with rhys but i guess all babies develop differently :)

samanthajayne said:
thanks for the replies sounds like i'm doing right then. like i say i just follow his lead. he lets me know what he wants and when he wants it. he is still on the puree stage really he's not keen on lumps at all or holding and eating his own food. when i read that 6 month olds are eating sandwhiches and pasta and stuff already i think god whats wrong with rhys but i guess all babies develop differently :)

fwiw Rudy has baby pasta not grown up spaghetti or penne etc. like this- http://www.annabelkarmel.com/products/make-it-easy-gluten-free-pasta-stars you can pick stuff like this up from boots or tesco baby isle and just mix it with a sauce, homemade or jar. They are tiny, so not a chocking hazard at all. In fact if you start on purees they don't suggest moving onto lumps until around 7 months. But like you say all babes are different.

X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back