Cerazette, not sure what to do!!

Olivia118

Reaction score
Really unsure if I should continue to take this pill or not.:help:
I have been taking Cerazette since September 2009 with a 5 month break around the beginning of 2010. I occasionally forget to take the pill but overall I have been taking it at the same time everyday.

I have side effects from this pill.
Since I have been on this pill I have felt very up and down with my emotions. I find myself snapping at the smallest things. This in itself is causing problems with the OH :-(
My periods are just terrible, don't know if it's a period or irregular bleeding to be honest! A week or so before I bleed/have my period my boobs get extremely tender and almost turn to stone! Then comes the stomach cramps, even when I'm not bleeding I get them and they are bloody painful! (excuse my language ;) )
On the advice sheet they give you with the pill does say 'Decreased sex drive' .... Decreased!?!?!? Mine's non-existent! And of course, this also is causing problems with the OH! :( I feel like if I continue like this that he may go elsewhere...

I just want to feel like myself again. I've been debating whether or not I should just stop taking it and see how I feel or if it's just in my head and I am a miserable woman! I spoke to my OH and he says it's up to me if I stop taking it.
Has anybody else experienced these or similar side effects?
Any help would be appreciated!

Hiya, I was on cerezette for several years beforing coming off January this year to TTC # 1... I have read a lot about individuals expereincing the side affects you are describing, for everyone it will be different, but I found for me personally it was more the opposite - whilst on the pill everything was great - no periods (after the initial 5-6 months of constant on/off periods) and good mood etc but a few week after cominmg off I came off I got mood swings, feeling tired, snappy, sore breasts etc I actually thought I was pregnant initially but wasn't... about 3 or 4 weeks after coming off the pill I was so emotional and stressed I ended up taking 2 weeks off work with stress (bearing in mind I have never taken a day off sick nnin my working life that was a massive deal for me) really struggled to cope etc... now i'm back on track fortunately & it could have been unrelated to my pill, may have got stressed anyway as work was super busy etc, but seem so coincidental!

Good luck with whatever decision to take, have you spoke to your GP about it? I went to see mine (after I came off and expereinced all those problems) he wasnt much help mind lol but yours may be be able to better advise!! xx

I was on microgynon for 3 years, and got similar symptoms, sore boobs, no no very very sore boobs! And no sex drive AT ALL.
I then told gp, who put me on a different one, I was on that from feb 2012 til may2nd when I stopped using the pill altogether as the symptoms didn't get better, like your bf, mine said it was up to me if I wanted to stop using it too, it wasnt until then we decided we wanted to try for a baby end of this year, so it worked out ok for me, :) have a break off it and use condoms, give it a month or two and see if you feel better without x

Hi ladies, thanks for your replies :)

I've woken up to more nasty cramps and heavy bleeding all topped off with waking up in a very bad mood :( Not happy.
I've decided i'm not going to continue taking this pill and i'll see how I feel. I came off this pill once before for a period of 5 months give or take and I felt back to my normal self!!
Will keep you posted :) xxx

Well I still am experiencing cramps :(
Finished work for the day so just in bed at the minute...It's now just a waiting game until my body returns back to it's usual self :(
Will keep you updated on progress x

I have just came off cerazette to ttc, and it wasn't until I came off that I realised what it was doing to me ! I have acne (which is clearing up since coming off) I also had zero sex-drive - this is improving thankfully seeing as we are ttc lol. Also I was carrying a lot of water retention around my belly - which has gone down too. I have lost 6lb in 6 weeks!

I don't know what I am going to do after I have my next baby (whenever that is) but certainly won\'t be going on cerazette again!

Ohh well i'm on medication for acne at the moment anyway (Tetracycline tablets) so I was only offered the choice of Cerazette as contraception unless I wanted other contraceptives like the implant etc...
I will NOT be going back on it! The symptoms are not worth it at all :( The past few years i've felt like a different person :( but on the bright side i'm looking forward to start feeling like myself again :D xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back