CB digi tests. Conception dates accurate?

Princess81

Reaction score
As above, yay or nay?

Mine says 1-2 weeks. In the instructions it says this will mean that my docs will tell me I'm 3-4 weeks pregnant yet by my last period/ovulation dates I am over 5 weeks.
Of course now I'm bloody worrying that my levels etc are low and that's why it's only showing 1-2 weeks :brat:
Any opinions? :lol:
Xx

As above, yay or nay?

Mine says 1-2 weeks. In the instructions it says this will mean that my docs will tell me I'm 3-4 weeks pregnant yet by my last period/ovulation dates I am over 5 weeks.
Of course now I'm bloody worrying that my levels etc are low and that's why it's only showing 1-2 weeks :brat:
Any opinions? :lol:
Xx
The levels in each woman are so different, it's hard to tell. I guess they go by average.

I wouldnt rely on the CB completly - the doctor/midwife will go from the first day of your last period - so technically, if you had a perfect 28 day cycle, they are adding on the first 2 weeks!

I know some people on here used the CB a week or two later than the first time they used it, to see if it went up, but I would only worry if it didnt. I would stick to your last period dates - makes it seem like you are further gone than you feel!
x

I've got the docs on Wednesday so he'll probably just date me as per period then. No idea about my cycle length, I have PCOS and had ovarian drilling on 13 December. A period arrived on 17 December and here I am pregnant now :love: it's anyones guess really but I think I may have ov'd on day 15/16 ish by ewcm evidence :-/ *sigh* starting to sound neurotic already x

That's what I found on their website

On an individual basis on any given day, the actual levels of hCG detectable in women are different but nevertheless fall within a well-defined and statistically limited range4. Studies have shown that levels of hCG in serum and urine rise rapidly and predictably during the first days of pregnancy4 and that absolute levels of hCG in urine are highly similar between women on each day following first detection of hCG2. Moreover, in clinical studies, absolute levels of hCG have been used to define gestational ageing5,6.

The Conception Indicator feature gives an estimate of time since conception that ranges in weeks (1-2, 2-3 and over 3 weeks). In order to calculate this, hCG levels from approximately 3000 pregnant samples were analysed. The data generated enabled Clearblue to establish the likely hCG concentration in each of these time bands and from this the thresholds on which the test works were set.

The overall accuracy of the Clearblue Conception Indicator has been clinically proven to be 92%. The accuracy of the Clearblue Conception Indicator is 96.5% in the 1-2 week range, 76.1% in the 2-3 week range and 96.9% in the 3+ weeks range.

My doctor just used like a paper chart thing - not very scientific at all!

You may just have to wait till your dating scan to know for sure unfortunatly!
Dont worry about sounding neurotic - I think I have worried about absolutly everything - I still am in fact!
x

I did one of these and it said 'pregnant 2-3' which when i read meant doc would say 4-5weeks. I got a midwife appointment a few days later and it was pretty much spot on but i couldnt remember the actual first day of my last period by a few days. When i had my dating scan they put me forward 3 days so it all worked out about right xxx

im quite lucky in that i know the exact date we conceived...lol.....so mine said 1 -2 weeks which was spot on....took it exactly 2 weeks after said nookie!!! ha ha.

gonna do the other one next week, just to see if it days 3-4....then i will probably stress if it doesnt...but lines are getting darker on cheapie hpts so thats a good sign i guess xx

I'm tempted to do one next week too, but I will freak of the weeks haven't progressed at all :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back