catholic christening

prettypenguin

Reaction score
Just a few qs as I'm not catholic, but oh is and wants Charlie tl be too, we've chosen godparents, one has to be catholic so we've chosen OHs little sister but she's not been confirmed, does this really matter nowadays? Also, if they're doing multiple christenings on the day as well as your los, how many family members do you invite? And how much do you pay/donate to the church?
also just been reading to pay less for christening if there's gonna be other babirs there, they do upto 8 :( wish we could get a private one but never mind. Has anyone been to a christening where there are lots of babies?
Thanks in advance x

Last edited:
We just had Leandros christening yesterday. One of his godmother is my best friend and She wasn't confirmed. They just took her name. There was also 2 other babies christened and the church was quite big you can invite as many as you want. We had the christening party at home and had about 40ish people who were all at the church. We didn't pay or anything but were getting married at the same church and all together it'll be over £200 so after that we couldn't really afford anything else Plus we weren't too Happy with the priest when my dad died But he seemed to Be really good with leandro. Dunno if that's Any help xxx

does OH go to mass? we have been told by the priest that DH has to start going to mass and then apply i dont know how long you have to go before yet tho! x

I think it depends on the church because my goddaughter Got christened and her mum never goes to church She was even going around saying she converted to Islam Lol Same church as Leandro too. At my cousins church though They were told They had to go classes but we never xxx

Yeah we have to attend 2 tues evenings a month, not been given a date yet gotta hand forms in tomorrow...oh was saying that Catholics strip them off and fully dunk them under the water-something that has never happened to Charlie and I don't feel comfortable with it...but I don't know if oh is joking or not... I wasn't too keen on the priest when I met him on sun, I might just be being paranoid but he seemed to like oh more than me cause he's catholic n I'm not...x

LOL think oh was just pulling your leg. They do pour a bit of water on thier head and put a bit of oil on their head but hats about it and the oil actually smells quite nice Lol xxx

We had Mia christened 5 weeks ago. I'm in Ireland (both OH and myself are catholic)
We had to attend a baptisim preparation course which lasted all of 30 mins. Was compulsary so had to attend. We couldn't have a private christening but on the day there was only one other baby. We could invite as many friends and family as we wanted. And just donated what we could to the church. Don't know about the godparent being confirmed coz both mias godparents have been confirmed.
But like I said I'm in Ireland so it could be different. Just hope I could help.

Yeah we have to attend 2 tues evenings a month, not been given a date yet gotta hand forms in tomorrow...oh was saying that Catholics strip them off and fully dunk them under the water-something that has never happened to Charlie and I don't feel comfortable with it...but I don't know if oh is joking or not... I wasn't too keen on the priest when I met him on sun, I might just be being paranoid but he seemed to like oh more than me cause he's catholic n I'm not...x

OH is having a laugh. They put oil on the baby's chest, on forehead and pour some water on babys head. No stripping or dunking hun. Don't worry.

Grrr what a d'head I thought he was joking, I was like no they don't your just messing, 'okay, well we will see on the day' which made me think he wasn't...stupid liar man!!! Lol. Does it matter what they wear cause oh was saying gown but Charlie has long eyelashes and hardly any hair so I just know he'd look really girly...and with a name.like Charlie too the other people will be thinking he's a girl haha. Plus I think the suits look so cute, not that it really matters as it would be covered in sick or dribble anyway within five mins, will have to get him a fancy bib or something xx

yeah like the girls have said oh is defo pulling ur leg, its just a little water over his head,

now days no on really uses gowns just white or cream dress or little suit for boys, u can usually bring as many people as u like but that might vary church to church, also dont have to be catholic as far as i know although most of Ireland is so maybe that's why it never came up

She didnt need to go at all! im shocked they are very strict around here about it because there are a lot of people only christening there kids to get them into catholic school. I know its often a few months to go to mass and then they will christen LO x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back