Christening Advice!

babyroo

Reaction score
sorry if this is in the wrong section, i've finally got a few mins to do some posting :cheer: :cheer: .

We are getting Jess christened on 20th July and the vicar dropped of the form and booklet yesterday and rushed off. (he's leaving today for another parish). Looking at the booklet it says Godparents should be Confirmed, now neither OH or I are confirmed (i said this when i booked it, they said nothing) and none of the godparents we've chosen are either, Do you think they will still let us christen her?
Also it says having 3 godparents was the norm but you can have more than 3 on request. We want 4 Did anybody have any problems having more than 3?

I am having Adam baptised soon. I am Catholic and my hubby isn't. On our form it says that 1 of the 2 god parents need to be practising catholics.

I don't think this will help you much, but it's what is on my form.

I suppose every church is different. xxx

Are you Church of England? We are and our godparents had to be baptised but not confirmed, are they all baptised? As for numbers we did have 3 but there should be no problems with 4 I don't think.

This is interesting as my Mum didn't Christen any of us and my friend's asked me to be Godparent to her son who is due later this month... So I guess I can't be a Godparent then :think:

I don't know hun. Is there no one you could speak to at your Parish? x

Isaac has one godparent who's Catholic, so confirmed etc and one who is Church of England, who the church recognizes as a 'Witness' to the caring of Isaac. As far as I understand it, at least ONE Godparent has to be of the faith but I've never heard of them having to have been confirmed :think:

I would just talk to whomever you have your pre-Christening meetings with about it, I'm sure it will be OK, and it's fine to have more than 3 Godparents too, as far as our church is concerned it is anyway :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank you so much for all your replies, We're CofE and so are the Godparents and all have been baptised. I'm going to send off the form and see what happens. I've only got the name and address of the church warden where i've got to send the form to because of the Vicar leaving. He did'nt have time to chat on Saturday so rushed off and has moved today.
Will add a letter with the form i think.

Redshoes said:
I would just talk to whomever you have your pre-Christening meetings with about it, I'm sure it will be OK, and it's fine to have more than 3 Godparents too, as far as our church is concerned it is anyway :hug: :hug: :hug:

Not sure with the Vicar leaving we'll be having the meetings because its the
Area archdeacon who is conducting the service.

Thanks everyone, youre brill :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back