godparents

prettypenguin

Reaction score
I'm getting my bubs christened end of may, and as he will be christened catholic one of his godparents has to be catholic. We've chosen OHs little sister as the catholic one, she is 14 and hasn't been confirmed, will she not be allowed to be his godparent? Really confused with some of the stuff on the net :-( please help if anyone knows or could even ask someone who might know id really appreciate it as the church has closed so cant ring til tomorrow, but cant tell OHs little sis if she's gonna be a godparent or not x

sorry no idea, tbh you might be better to wait till tomorrow - im not sure about the catholic church but in Church of Scotland things can vary within the church. like our minister wouldnt christen a little boy who's polish parents hadnt attended church in this country, but on of the other C of S ministers did it.

The priest allow it, even if a different priest wouldnt.
xxx

Thanks guys, I hope they do cause out of OHs siblings shed appreciate it the most...I know OHs older brother will be expecting to be asked but he never bothers with Charlie, lives down south but only comes up to see his mates, to buy cars with OHs discount but never to see his only nephew. So I will be gutted if we have to pick him cause I think he's a selfish nob lol...sorry, bit of a rant there....eeee why can't churches be open all the time. To be fair when the woman rang she only asked if she was a practicing catholic but I didn't tell her her age.... X

Heya Hun,

I hope you don't me hopping in...

We are Catholics and from previous experience I don't think this wouldn't be allowed. My SIL is Christening our niece in May and has chosen her little cousin who is 12 to be God mother.... her cousin is very mature and caring for her age. But her priest has said that she is too young, and not Confirmed my SIL has got around this by asking me to be a second God mother (I am already God mother to her first born) and the Priest is fine with this.

It may be simply be a matter of the Priests discretion Hun x

Aww thank you, ill just have to ring the lady back tomorrow :/ hope he's okay with it, if not ill have to defer the christening or find someone else... X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back