Castor Oil...

lozzi

Reaction score
....ive jsut been speaking to a fellow preggers lady on msn, and she recommended castor oil.

what are your ladies experiences wtih it?

NOO!!!!!!! midwife said it can make your tummy very ill....quite violent sometimes too...

Your princess will come when she is ready hunny, I know how fustrating it is.... :bored: :hug:

Apparently it was the canesten that did it for me but I think it was the walking and sex.
But the midwife and helth visitor tell me the plesenter can only last so long and its when that gives in that the baby will come out

i wouldnt advise it
i found this online for you
"The effectiveness of castor oil to encourage the onset of labor is questionable. It is generally considered safe, although there are some who believe that it increases the risk of meconium passage in the infant. It has not been well studied."

cab'o'holic said:
Apparently it was the canesten that did it for me but I think it was the walking and sex.
But the midwife and helth visitor tell me the plesenter can only last so long and its when that gives in that the baby will come out

whats canesten?

i saw a half price sale today on fireworks from new years... perhaps one of those fired up my lu lu will encourage her to come out :D

Have tried raspbery leaf tablets, curry, bouncing on birth ball, long walks and sex so far...and nilch.. :roll: :wall:

These babies are far too snuggly to want to come out and meet their mummies me thinks :x

well im going to do some star jumps... have a b ounce on my birth ball and then go for a long walk.. see if that has any effect! back soon!!!!!

be patient girls!!

although i have 8 weeks to go and i am starting to get itchy feet already :doh:

Ewww i just lost the biggest chunk of gunk uve ever seen in ur life...

sooo gross :l hahahah

it had streaks of brown and red in it

nice eh... everyone enjoying there tea? :rotfl:

DONT YOU DARE have your baby before me you minx!!! :shakehead: :rotfl:

Sounds promising Loz!!!!!! :pray:

this is what happened to jade this morning!! could this be it for you lozzi? :dance:

get a webacm set up and ill set one up and we can do star jumps on cam see who's waters go first! hahaha

Seriously tho, Jade had a big show @ 8am, and now look at her!! :cheer:

Did you do the star jumps before you got your show????!!! :think: If so, I am off to make a pratt of myself in the lounge...star jumps and spotty dogs for me tonight!! Whoop whoop......

lozzijane said:

so youve had a show, could mean labour is imminent any time in the next 2 weeks :cheer: though its usually only a day or 2 away :wave:

zoe c said:
Seriously tho, Jade had a big show @ 8am, and now look at her!! :cheer:

Did you do the star jumps before you got your show????!!! :think: If so, I am off to make a pratt of myself in the lounge...star jumps and spotty dogs for me tonight!! Whoop whoop......

after, i was doing my starjumps, and had the usual "damp" feeling :( so thought better go change myself and there was a huge blob of it :puke: :puke:

emmerdale and starjumps.... this is living the dream eh....

ellouise will be concust if she does come out tonite, peaceful first night ;) hahahah

Sassyminx said:
lozzijane said:

so youve had a show, could mean labour is imminent any time in the next 2 weeks :cheer: though its usually only a day or 2 away :wave:

ive been losing clear "snot for a week or so on and off, but nothing quite the quantity this time, was gross, and the brown and red bits...

i am so sorry if anyone was eating when they started readin this post ;)

NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO **zoe stamps her foot and goes off sulking** :rotfl: :rotfl:

I just KNEW I would be left trailing with Loz and Jades having their babes, and I will still be here in 2 weeks!!! :wall:

Its like buses on this forum, no babies for weeks, then 2 come along together..its ALWAYS happens!!!

Loz, any pains or anything?? I am getting excited now for you...at least all this excitement is keeping me occupied!! :cheer:

Oh dear girls! I've been offline since yesterday morning and just came on this evening hoping I'd see some posts saying one or all of you had gone in to labour!
Fingers crossed something happens tonight for one of you!
L x

oh zoe you won't be here in 2 weeks i know it, you'll be 2 days overdue like your twinny!! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maegan
Back