car seats???

rach

Reaction score
hi wasnt sure where to post this question thought maybe some third trimesters would be able to help me with this as your all getting close and would have thought about this any replies would be great :)

ive recently been told that they wont let you leave hospital without a car seat????

was just wondering if this is right as i dont drive, am single, and will be either walking or going on the bus with my baby it seems such an expensive thing to have to buy just to travel home from hospital

am hoping that if this is true i can get someone who has a baby to pick me up so my baby can use their car seat to come home

sorry to go on i know its all to do with safety but its ridiculous if your never going to use it again :( xxxxxxxxx

I have heard this, but I presumed that if you don't drive then you wouldn't need one?

hi i heard that to but i think they say it if u tell them u have a car seat but not with you, because i had my daughter 5weeks early i didnt even have a pram, so there was no way i was going to skint my self for a car ride home so i just said to them i heard that i need one and they sed no we would prefer it but oviously we cant make you get one. so i sat in the back of my car with my baby.. :D

My hospital have the number of a cab firm which uses it's own car seats.
I would ring your own hospital to check, it sounds like a bit of a silly rule... what if you lived 2 mins round the corner?
They can't FORCE you to stay anyway....what are they gonna do, tie you to the bed? hehehe

I know where you're coming from as we don't have a car either and so won't need one very often. I have got a cheap one though for the odd time in which my parents might come down in their car and want to take us out or getting taxis (which I do do sometimes). Also I just think that as a general chair the ones with an handle aren't a bad thing to have anyway- I got one that can adjust to rock a bit like a bouncer does so that it has another use around the house. We live in the city though so it's not that unusual not to have a car I wouldn't have thought but everything seems to be geared towards having one. If the delievery suite is busy at the hosptial where my midwife team work then they might have to direct me to one an hour away! How I'm supposed to do that without a car I don't know! (My Mum is traveling down to be with me for the birth so I'll just have to hope that if it comes to that that they arrive in time or I'll be having it in a corridor!)

I'd look into the taxi thing though if you really don't think you'll travel in cars at all. The chances are that friends and family will take us places so I think it's just about worth it in our case but I agree the going home rule is ridiculous.

+++

thanks for your replies everyone still not sure what to do but as someone said i never thought but i have lifts now and then off my mum or she might have baby for me now and then so will have to get one anyway god im so thick since i became pg brain just does not work anymore
thanks again everyone xxxxx

u HAVE to have a car seat or they wont let u home, we had that trouble cos we dont have a car, so we had to borrow my fiances sisters spare baby seat, and we only live round corner from hosp so taxi only gonna be £4.00

i know here they wont let you out without a car seat, not sure about anywehre else tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back