Car Seats for a Mini?

rachcraig

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone knew if you can get a car seat that fits a Mini Cooper? The seats in the back of the car are a weird shape so I don't know if a normal baby seat would fit? Thanks xx

I have a maxi Cosi car seat with family fix base that goes fine into the Mother in law's mini cooper. X

If it's a bucket shape like my beetle you can buy a seat rite from Kiddicare. It's £4 for a piece of foam that goes under the seat where the base of the chair meets the back. It's made my car seats (all 4 of them!) fit perfectly x

Just googled that one, it looks really nice. Prob a stupid question but does it fit in other cars too or would my oh need a different one for his car? Thanks x

If it's a bucket shape like my beetle you can buy a seat rite from Kiddicare. It's £4 for a piece of foam that goes under the seat where the base of the chair meets the back. It's made my car seats (all 4 of them!) fit perfectly x

Thanks for that, it sounds similar, there's only 2 seats in the back but they're really curved shape. Will keep Kiddicare in mind :) x

Thanks for that, it sounds similar, there's only 2 seats in the back but they're really curved shape. Will keep Kiddicare in mind :) x

I have 4 seats too, it's not easy getting in and out with a carry seat. I've ended up buying a rear facing upright seat that reclines. I'd already bought a britax one but it's forward facing only. Doh!

I have a Mini Cooper S & have bought a 2nd hand Bugaboo Bee pram to fit in the boot & the frame fits a Maxi-Cosi Cabrio car seat with easy fix base. Both tried & tested & fit perfectly. The car seat is universal so fits in my hubby's Honda too. The base it great as it allows you to just click the seat in & out of the base (far easier than stretching in & out of the back through the door)!
I personally would buy a car seat that fits the seat perfectly rather than the foam adaptors or rubber grips to hold the seats. Only because my dad who's a retired firefighter & our friend who is a traffic officer in the police say there have been mixed reviews as to whether these could move in an accident & cause the car seat to move. It's personal preference as they are sold so must be legal! But with insider knowledge from 2 people who work/worked for emergency services I prefer not to use them.

Sunnyb xxx

What I found is without the foam the seat reclines to far so Isla used to flop her head forward when asleep. I've since given up with a carry seat as I used to leave it in situ but she won't bend under the lap part of the belt.

Thanks for the help ladies :) Still got plenty time yet but at least I know I don't need to get rid of my car! xxx

Just a thought.....
Have you been to the mini dealer? I know they do baby seats in their accessory range that are made specifically to fit the mini. I think they are quite funky aswell.

I'm not too sure how much they are but you can always be cheeky and ask for a discount lol.

They are ridiculously priced at around the £300.00!
I have bought the Maxi-Cosi cabriofix with easyfix base for £180.00 which seems expensive.
I already have one little boy & wanted something easy to get in & out of the car when doing the school run. By having this it allows me to fix the base in & just click the car seat in & out much more quickly. I can also attach the seat to my Bugaboo Bee frame without the need to take the entire pram with me every day. Don't think you can do that with the BMW Mini seat. I think Mini are just cashing in on having awkward shaped passenger seats! There are other seats that fit - best thing to do is go to a Mothercare, Babiesrus or Halfords & have one fitted & checked by a trained member of staff. That's what I did with mine x

Sunnyb xxx

Thanks for that. I know all the proper mini accessories are ridiculously priced! Do you know they charge £90 for some stripes for your bonnet and yout can get the same ones for a fiver on Ebay! x

Tell me about it! I had a local company that make stickers for work vans etc. do mine. I just emailed them a copy of what I wanted & they then made them up & fitted them for me for around £50.00 - this was for stripes on the bonnet, stripes down the side & Union Jack love hearts doing. Saved me the hassle & I've never seen anyone with stripes & hearts like mine on their Mini. I love my car!!!!

Sunnyb xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back