Rear-facing Car Seats - question!

Piglet's Mama

Reaction score
I'm getting this car seat as part of my travel system:

http://www.kiddicare.com/webapp/wcs...layA_56+344_10751_-1_14572_126840_10001_14572

It says it's rear-facing but doesn't specify if it can go in the back or front of the car. I'd be a bit reluctant to have baby in a rear-facing car seat in the back of the car as I'd want to see them at all times. Providing my passenger seat air bag is off, is it OK to have baby in the front on the passengers side?

x

I think as long as the air bag is switched off then it's ok but they do say that it is much safer to have them in the back than in the front seat. You can buy mirrors that help you see baby when they are in the back xx

Perfectly fine Aslong as the airbag is off, my LO is still in the front at 6 months and she'll stay there till she goes in a forward facing seat xx

Thanks ladies, I think they prob are safer in the back but if I couldn't see them I'd panic a bit - will look in to those mirrors x

i wouldnt risk it in the front even with the airbag switched off as some have been known to go off anyway

We don't have a choice, our boy has to go in the front. I don't drive and we only have my OH's work van for transport. Luckily it has 2 passanger seats or we be buggered lol. The van doesn't have passenger airbags so at least I don't have to worry about them going off even if they're switched off. x

Hi - I got my car seat base fited at Halfords today and I bought the mirror for the back seat headrest for £11.99.

I really don't know what to do. Of course I want little one to be as safe as poss, but if I was driving anymore than 5 mins I'd panic I couldn't see them. And if I had that mirror I would lose all of my back seat as I'd have baby on one & mirror on the other...! V.difficult to know what to do for the best x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back