Car seat bases

coco_cukoo

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Just thought we better start attempting to put the car seat in the car. Anyway, we have a graco car seat & base. When we put the seat on the base, we did it all correctly & it just seemed like baby would be quite upright as opposed to laid back. When we put the seat in, it seemed more like baby would be laid back and not so suffocated! Has anyone used a car seat base from birth or has one & has these concerns? I'm thinking now I'd prefer to just put the seat in even though it's more tricky! I can imagine his head falling forwards in the base!! Xx

I have a maxi cosy and family fix base and it doesn't do that. Sorry not much help.xx

Mothercare and halfords do a car seat fitting service, to make sure you are fitting it correctly. Maybe they could advise you.

Yeah we are definitely doing it right, I've actually searched the net & there are a few bad reviews with the same concerns as me! I'm glad I spotted it as I'm putting this one on freecycle & just bought another one with good reviews lol xx

Good to know though, will be something to look out for when we buy ours!

We have a Britax baby safe seat and ISO fix base.

We stupidly didn't try the seat before we brought baby home and when we put him in the seatbelt didn't go round the seat doh!!! So we had to buy the base.

Anyway R seems perfectly comfortable in it and happy..so I can recommend that one :)
Xxx

My OH has a ford focus and the graco seat base would not fit in the back seat at all , the support leg was just too short to reach the floor in the foot well .Due to there also being a airbag in front we couldn't put it there either , so I got to have it in my car , lol and he had to fumble with the seat belt in his . Not all seats or all bases are truly universal so do check before buying if at all possible. xx

Some places let you try them out before you buy.

We have a ford focus and hubby has all ready gone out and got an Isofix base fitted.

We have a graco car seat and base, and the base isn't compatible with OH's back seats as his footwell is extra deep, but it is fine in mine.
When we bought it at babies r us and they did the demonstration thing they mentioned something about car seat bases and newborns and that some people think they look unsafe for the baby's neck even though they're perfectly ok... I wish I could remember properly. The fact I can't quite possibly makes this a pointless post lol.
There was definitely something to do with lots of car seat bases and baby's neck support. I feel fairly certain they said some people don't use them until the baby is about 6 weeks old and has stronger neck muscles.

I had the graco car seat and base, it fitted fine in my car but when fitted in my dads car lo was sat really upright and it didn't look too dare so stopped using the base in his car x

We've gone for a maxi cosi car seat and family fix base xx

Aw crap I didn't see this thread and I've just bought the graco base :(

Is it just in some cars then I take it? I got the base fitted at mothercare but didn't think to ask to use it with the car seat to see.

Well I've got a spare car seat that I might have to use for the first 6 weeks then if this one can't be used til then. That's a bummer!!

Yeah we are definitely doing it right, I've actually searched the net & there are a few bad reviews with the same concerns as me! I'm glad I spotted it as I'm putting this one on freecycle & just bought another one with good reviews lol xx

Did you put it on freecycle hon? xx

Yeah I put it on freecycle & someone snapped it up. We originally got it from freecycle anyway so wasnt like we wasted any money. Went out & bought another which is perfect & it's graco, it's called logico hp s I think & is great. Base is in the car waiting for seat & baby now!! So exciting. It's the graco junior seat & base which were crap! At least with this one you can adjust the base so that the seat isn't upright for newborns! Do u know which one you bought? Xx

The crap one :(

I've been looking at the reviews and I think it just depends what car you've got. The base seemed to fit fine but I'll see how it goes.

I've had to change my travel system and the mothercare trenton deluxe was the one I went for, and it's a graco seat that's with it so I bought the base today. I have a Cosatto car seat that's not part of a travel system and it fits in my car ok but it's a hassle getting it in and out of my 2 door car so a base was my best option.

Unfortunately the logico doesn't go with the trenton deluxe so I'll just have to see how it goes!! xx

Just read the manual online and there is a level indicator, so that will tell me either way if it's right or not. According to the manual it is suitable for my car xx

Last edited:

I've been looking at the reviews and I think it just depends what car you've got. The base seemed to fit fine but I'll see how it goes.

I've had to change my travel system and the mothercare trenton deluxe was the one I went for, and it's a graco seat that's with it so I bought the base today. I have a Cosatto car seat that's not part of a travel system and it fits in my car ok but it's a hassle getting it in and out of my 2 door car so a base was my best option.

Unfortunately the logico doesn't go with the trenton deluxe so I'll just have to see how it goes!! xx

You can get adaptors for the car seats so they fit various travel systems. We had to get them for our maxi cosi because it didn't fit the oyster, they're about £15 x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

I'm thinking of getting the graco evo but am a bit concerned about the car seat would you recommend getting a graco? Shame there's no isofix for it like the maxicosi

You can get adaptors for the car seats so they fit various travel systems. We had to get them for our maxi cosi because it didn't fit the oyster, they're about £15 x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

I'm reassured that it will fit my car, so I'll just go with the original one and see how it fits once it's in xx

I'm thinking of getting the graco evo but am a bit concerned about the car seat would you recommend getting a graco? Shame there's no isofix for it like the maxicosi

I'd definitely recommend the graco logico hp one, its very well padded all around baby and you can adjust the base. Just with the graco junior you can't adjust the base which is bad as the seat is quite sat up for my liking! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back