Car seat dilemma

Miracle babe

Reaction score
OK due to the fact that I have arthritis I need a very lightweight carseat but other than Mothercare most places don't seem to include the weight of the car seat as part of the spec. It seems crazy to me that pushchairs come with a weight guide but car seats don't :x
Anyone got any suggestions?

apart from going to places n trying picking em up no hun
but dont forget u got to get a bubs in there to and they go up to 9 ish months

Id suggest little recaro baby seats as they are lightweight i beileve, i think they do them for small babys but not sure. Im sure the people in the shop could find out for you? or have them weighed.

At the end of the day most of them are plastic with the padding, so most will weigh around the same amount. Its the baby that will make them heavy :D
cas x

I've picked up so many carseats and have even asked store staff to find out the weights but even going online and phoning head office they couldnt find out weights for me :wall: . In Mothercare there is one seat which weighs in at 4kg and another at 2.6kg and believe me it really makes a different to someone who when they are in flare up can barely lift a cup of coffee. I'm worried about how I'm going to cope anyway and this is really stressing me out :cry: . As for the 2.6kg seat - I hate it but may end up having to have it as I have no other option :(

I dont know if you've already tried it as you said you have been on line, but I found www.kiddicare.co.uk really helpful - you can chat to some of there experts there on line - sort of like instant messenger.
I also found (sorry I know it's miles from you!) www.glasgowpramcentre.co.uk even if you call them they are really helpful. I had trouble getting a seat to fit our car and they were a huge help!!

Plus on line shops should have a note of the weight for the postage costs etc.

Hope this helps!!

S. xx

SarahH said:
I dont know if you've already tried it as you said you have been on line, but I found www.kiddicare.co.uk really helpful - you can chat to some of there experts there on line - sort of like instant messenger.
I also found (sorry I know it's miles from you!) www.glasgowpramcentre.co.uk even if you call them they are really helpful. I had trouble getting a seat to fit our car and they were a huge help!!

Plus on line shops should have a note of the weight for the postage costs etc.

Hope this helps!!

S. xx

Thanks Sarah will definitely give them a go. :D

SarahH said:
Have you had any luck?

S. xx

Sadly no, the only weights they have are for the baby. I will try and phone them direct but haven't had a chance yet with work and all. Thanks again Sarah for the links.
Thanks for all the help girls and if anyone does come across a lightweight carseat perhaps you could let me know :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back